Minebea AccessSolutions Sales Manager
SUMMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB:
The Minebea AccessSolutions Sales Manager is responsible for the overall management of the field sales team to accomplish goals and objectives set by the company for a particular product or group of products. Also responsible for providing effective leadership and guidance in accordance with company policies and procedures.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- New Business Development: Responsible for the development and management of new business for the designated territory market segments.
- Identify and Respond to Customer Needs – Search and assess the potential application of company products, and offer design solutions
- Reporting Communications Internal/External – Provide timely and frequent written and verbal reporting on customer interaction and application details as required (including customer contact reporting in SalesForce.com)
- Ensure effective reporting to include, for example, essential performance measures for this function, analysis of function performance, and recommendations for performance improvement.
- Revenue Growth and Achievement - Accountable for the development and achievement of the approved AOP revenue goals assigned to this function based on planned new business and existing account revenues.
- Maintain and grow existing market share.
- Responsible to define and implement growth goals for the respective product or group of products or market in collaboration with the account managers and superiors.
- Monitor and report customer productions numbers vs. AOP
- Sales Strategy Development - Develop, document, implement and evaluate the effectiveness of short- and long-term strategic sales plans and policies to achieve short- and long-term corporate sales objectives in conjunction with product groups.
- Recognize competitive landscape and market trends.
- Create OEM mapping based on platform and programs.
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge of the customers’ products and services to formulate business strategies to drive revenue.
- Engage in early development phases with customers to ensure NMB products are designed-in
- Develop Executive Level Customer Relationships: Ability to create and build strong relationships at an executive level within OEMS which enhance long-term working partnerships with the company.
- Relationship Development/External – Develop solid and long-term influential relationships with key decision makers at the customers.
- Pricing Strategy Development & Implementation:
- Develop, propose, and implement approved sales pricing strategies to maximize sales revenue and profitability.
- Coordinate the strategy with other regions for global customers
- Review and release all sales prices quoted to customers
- Contract Negotiations
- Account Management & Support:
- Responsible for achieving business objectives for specific Automotive OEM accounts.
- Provides support as necessary to all customer accounts to ensure that customer needs are identified, effective processes are set up to meet these needs, and approved process changes are implemented when required.
- Ensure global alignment for global/local accounts with other regions
- Performance Management - Effectively manage a team to accomplish business objectives. This includes the following:
- Staffing up to planned workforce levels, setting and documenting performance expectations, assessing training needs, and developing training plans
- Provide regular performance feedback and coaching as needed, set up compensation plans, ensure minimal task interference, and conduct performance and development reviews.
- Support account managers in tool usage and steering, controlling of customers
- Day-to-day Operations - Responsible for all day-to-day operations of this function, internal and external, which are normally associated with this type of position and other responsibilities that may be assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES:
- BA/BS (Business, Marketing, Engineering), MBA would be a plus
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working in a Sales or Management function in a Tier 1 company selling vehicle components or systems to North American Automotive OEMs
- Understanding the Automotive industry and technology trends.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills
- Must have a thorough understanding of a global matrix environment and relationship.
- Financial acumen in production processes, quality systems, and engineering efforts
10+ years’ experience, in supervision, leading, account management, product support, and sales engineering with a related product or similar.
A normal amount of sitting and standing, average mobility to move around an office, and ability to conduct a normal amount of work on a computer.
At NMB, the pay band for this role is between $116,417.00 and $174,625.00 annually, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. The base pay is a part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range of the pay band process. This offers you the opportunity to progress as you continue to grow and develop your career at NMB.
- Safe Harbor
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
NMB offers flexible work schedules to create a better work/life balance.
WORK AUTHORIZATION (REQUIRED)
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
The job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
The above lists all of the essential functions, education, knowledge, skills and abilities required for this job. These are the minimum requirements; employees must also demonstrate good interpersonal skills, proper attitude and professionalism, acceptable attendance and work behaviors – at a minimum.