SUMMARY - The Application Engineer is responsible for supporting customers and members of the NMB sales team by providing technical support and resolution of technical issues to maximize design win success. Including performing product evaluation, product support, providing market feedback, communicating with product divisions for design improvements, and participating in internal engineering meetings. In addition responsible for implementation and analysis of technical product and systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business Development – In conjunction with the Account Managers, support customer qualification, product development, preparing quotation, and transition of new products into production.
- Relationship Development/Communications - External - Visit customers regularly, either independently or with Account Managers, for interactive customer engineering discussions.
- Design Failure Analysis & Reporting - Conduct failure analysis investigation of customer products as part of the design process and report to the customer as required.
- Design Recommendations – Understand customer application, define customer technical requirements, identify potential MinebeaMitsumi technologies and products, and review trade-offs to propose the best possible solution
- Product Development – Lead the development of product solutions, coordinate technical activities between US customer engineering and worldwide MinebeaMitsumi engineering groups. Track customer schedule and set realistic expectations for NMB deliverables. Ensure successful development through final approval and transition into production.
- Sample Evaluation – Manage sample development and evaluation cycle. Ensure that samples meeting customer requirements are delivered on time, collect results from customer evaluation in a timely manner, and feedback to NMB engineering. Coordinate failure analysis investigation of samples and implement design improvements as necessary.
- Product Documentation - Issue product documentation (technical drawings, specifications, data sheets, catalogs) as required.
- Reporting Communications Internal/External – Provide timely and frequent written and verbal reporting on customer interaction and development status for opportunities.
- Travel - Travel required up to 50%; majority will be domestic with some international.
- Technical Research & Reporting - Gather information on customer technical roadmaps and general industry technical trends, consolidate and analyze information, and report summary information and recommendations to product management on a timely and regular basis.
- Monthly Reporting - Prepare and submit a monthly summary activity report to supervisor.
- Other - Perform other duties as related to the job function as required.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required;
- Electromechanical Engineering preferred.
- Entry level welcome; 1 to 3 years of experience as an applications engineer, sales engineer, project engineer, or program manager a plus.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Power Point required; CATIA or ProE, HFSS or any simulation skill a plus
- Working knowledge and experience in an organization with ISO/TS 16949 certification, DFMEA, APQP and other AIAG core tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills essential;Demonstrated experience communicating technical information preferred.
- Fluency in Japanese reading and writing preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
The job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
The above lists all of the essential functions, education, knowledge, skills and abilities required for this job. These are the minimum requirements; employees must also demonstrate good interpersonal skills, proper attitude and professionalism, acceptable attendance and work behaviors – at a minimum.