SUMMARY - The Application Engineer is responsible for supporting the sales team and the customer by providing technical support and resolution of technical issues to maximize design win success. Including performing product evaluation, product support, providing market feedback, communicating with product divisions for design improvements, and participating in internal engineering meetings. In addition responsible for implementation and analysis of technical product and systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sales Support - Support the sales team with customer qualification and product design
- Design Failure Analysis & Reporting - Conduct failure analysis investigation of customer products as part of the design process and report to the customer as required.
- Relationship Development/Communications - External - Visit customers regularly, either independently or with sales team, for interactive customer engineering discussions
- Product Documentation - Issue product documentation (technical drawings, specifications, data sheets, catalogs) as required
- Reporting Communications Internal/External – Provide timely and frequent written and verbal reporting on customer interaction and application details as required (including customer contact reporting in SalesForce.com).
- Product Ordering & Coordination – Coordinate sample ordering, delivery, and follow-up with customer for product approval
- Design Recommendations – Understand customers technical requirements and make appropriate design recommendations
- Product Development - Provide technical support to identify new applications and coordinate with appropriate program management, factory, marketing and sales staff on development of customer applications
- Travel - Travel required up to 30%; majority will be domestic with some international
- Technical Research & Reporting - Gather information on customer technical roadmaps and general industry technical trends, consolidate and analyze information and report summary information and recommendations to product management on a timely and regular basis.
- Monthly Reporting - Prepare and submit a monthly summary activity report to supervisor
- Other - Perform other duties as related to the job function as required
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree required, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- 3 Years plus experience as a design engineer or application engineer
- Minimum 3 years experience in the specified industry or industries and/or working with the specified product(s)
- Working knowledge and experience in an organization with ISO/TS 16949 certification, DFMEA, APQP and other AIAG core tools.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Power Point required; AutoCad, SolidWorks, or ProE a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills and demonstrated experience communicating technical information
- Business level Japanese speaking a plus,
Fluency in Japanese reading and writing preferred.
At NMB, the pay band for this role is between $82,720.00 and $124,080.00 annually, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. The base pay is a part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range of the pay band process. This offers you the opportunity to progress as you continue to grow and develop your career at NMB.
- Safe Harbor
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
NMB offers flexible work schedules to create a better work/life balance.
WORK AUTHORIZATION (REQUIRED)
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
The job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
The above lists all of the essential functions, education, knowledge, skills and abilities required for this job. These are the minimum requirements; employees must also demonstrate good interpersonal skills, proper attitude and professionalism, acceptable attendance and work behaviors – at a minimum.