The Tax Accountant is responsible preparing financial information in support of tax reporting requirements. Is a key contributor to the tax team working closely with the Tax Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare federal, state and local income tax returns.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales/use tax returns.
- Assist with quarterly income tax estimates and payments.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual income tax provision.
- Assist with preparation for and responses to tax examinations, and internal and independent audits.
- Assist with the annual preparation of personal property tax returns.
- Assist with other tax duties as necessary.
- Assist with compliance with all state and federal regulations and keeps up to date on regulation changes.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years Financial and accounting experience in a professional services, or associate level corporate tax experience
- Intermediate knowledge of tax laws and reporting requirements at all levels of the taxing authorities
- Microsoft Office (strong Excel)
- Sales tax compliance experience
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- High energy level and attention to detail
- Takes ownership of responsibilities and functions independently
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
The job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
The above lists all of the essential functions, education, knowledge, skills and abilities required for this job. These are the minimum requirements; employees must also demonstrate good interpersonal skills, proper attitude and professionalism, acceptable attendance and work behaviors – at a minimum.