SUMMARY - The Application Engineer is responsible for supporting the sales team and the customer by providing technical support and resolution of technical issues to maximize design win success. Including performing product evaluation, product support, providing market feedback, communicating with product divisions for design improvements, and participating in internal engineering meetings. In addition responsible for implementation and analysis of technical product and systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sales Support- Support the sales team with customer qualification and product design
- Design Failure Analysis & Reporting- Conduct failure analysis investigation of customer products as part of the design process and report to the customer as required.
- Relationship Development/Communications - External- Visit customers regularly, with sales team, for interactive customer engineering discussions
- Product Documentation- Issue product documentation (technical drawings, specifications, data sheets, catalogs) as required
- Reporting Communications Internal/External– Provide timely and frequent written and verbal reporting on customer interaction and application details as required.
- Product Ordering & Coordination– Coordinate sample ordering, delivery, and follow-up with customer for product approval
- Design Recommendations– Understand customers technical requirements and make appropriate design recommendations
- Product Development- Provide technical support to identify new applications and coordinate with appropriate program management, factory, marketing and sales staff on development of customer applications
- Travel- Travel required up to 50%; majority will be domestic with some international
- Technical Research & Reporting- Gather information on customer technical roadmaps and general industry technical trends, consolidate and analyze information and report summary information and recommendations to product management on a timely and regular basis.
- Monthly Reporting - Prepare and submit a monthly summary activity report to supervisor
- Other- Perform other duties as related to the job function as required
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree preferred, Mechanical/Electrical Engineering a plus
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, and Power Point required; AutoCad, SolidWorks a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills and demonstrated experience communicating technical information
- Business level Japanese speaking a plus, Fluency in Japanese reading and writing preferred.