SUMMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB:
The Tax Manager is responsible to review quarterly/annual tax returns to ensure compliance by managing the overall tax preparation function.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review federal income tax returns
- Review state income tax returns
- Prepare estimated taxes and extensions.
- Prepare quarterly income tax provisions for financial statements
- Monitor income tax compliance and reporting in multiple states
- Conduct research and analysis for planning and implementation of tax strategies
- Keep current with and implement tax statutes, regulations, and rules, and ensure companies’ compliance with tax law.
- Identify the need for improvement, handle tax problems, make recommendations, implement resolutions
- Recognize customer needs
- Assist Director of Corporate Tax with projects as assigned
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES:
- 4 Year Degree, Business Management, Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant by California State Board of Accountancy, preferred
- Over 5 Years of experience in tax return preparation, planning, and audits
- Proficient use of Tax Software
- Excellent knowledge of IRS rules and regulations
- Tax Research experience
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, AS400 preferred
5+ years’ experience, in supervision, leading, and accounting management experience
A normal amount of sitting and standing, average mobility to move around an office, and ability to conduct a normal amount of work on a computer.
At NMB, the pay band for this role is between $113,220.00 and $169,830.00 annually, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. The base pay is a part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range of the pay band process. This offers you the opportunity to progress as you continue to grow and develop your career at NMB.
- Safe Harbor
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
WORK AUTHORIZATION (REQUIRED)
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
The job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
The above lists all of the essential functions, education, knowledge, skills and abilities required for this job. These are the minimum requirements; employees must also demonstrate good interpersonal skills, proper attitude and professionalism, acceptable attendance and work behaviors – at a minimum.