SUMMARY - The Application Engineer is responsible for supporting customers and members of the NMB sales team by providing technical support and resolution of technical issues to maximize design win success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Business Development – In conjunction with the Account Managers, support customer qualification, product development, and transition of new products into production.
- Relationship Development/Communications - External - Visit customers regularly, either independently or with Account Managers, for interactive customer engineering discussions.
- Design Recommendations – Understand customer application, define customer technical requirements, identify potential NMB motor technologies and products, and review trade-offs to propose the best possible solution
- Product Development – Lead the development of custom motor solutions, coordinate technical activities between US customer engineering and WW NMB engineering groups. Track customer schedule and set realistic expectations for NMB deliverables. Ensure successful development through final approval and transition into production.
- Sample Evaluation – Manage sample development and evaluation cycle. Ensure that samples meeting customer requirements are delivered on time, collect results from customer evaluation in a timely manner, and feedback to NMB engineering. Coordinate failure analysis investigation of samples and implement design improvements as necessary.
- Product Documentation - Issue product documentation (technical drawings, specifications, data sheets, catalogs) as required.
- Reporting Communications Internal/External – Provide timely and frequent written and verbal reporting on customer interaction and development status for opportunities (including timely reporting in SalesForce.com).
- Travel - Travel required up to 30%; majority will be domestic with some international.
- Technical Research & Reporting - Gather information on customer technical roadmaps and general industry technical trends, consolidate and analyze information, and report summary information and recommendations to product management on a timely and regular basis.
- Monthly Reporting - Prepare and submit a monthly summary activity report to supervisor.
- Other - Perform other duties as related to the job function as required.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field required;
Electromechanical Engineering preferred.
- Entry level welcome; 1 to 3 years of experience as an applications engineer, sales engineer, project engineer, or program manager a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Power Point) required;
Basic 3D modeling (especially SolidWorks) preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills essential;Demonstrated experience communicating technical information preferred.
- Business level Japanese speaking a plus,
Fluency in Japanese reading and writing preferred.
Please note the following COVID-19 Precaution (s):
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place