Sales and Operation Planner
SUMMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB:
The Sales and Operation Planner provides support to customers, product team, and account managers with orders, follow-up, forecast simulations, and all administrative tasks regarding order, communications and delivery of the department product. Serves as the front-line between the company and its valued customers. This position will also assist our customers to solve their logistics, shipping and fulfillment issues.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning and Coordination:
a. Ensure 100% on time and accurate delivery by establishing and monitoring schedules to proactively identify and address any issues.
- Issue new and enter changes for sample and mass production manufacturing order to factories.
- Coordinate shipments from factory with cost-effective and efficient shipping modes to meet the target schedule.
- Track and monitor incoming shipments, immediately addressing delays or any issues that may affect timely deliveries.
- Expedite/reschedule orders per customer request or factory confirmation.
- Negotiate critical or special requests with overseas business unit, factory production control, and/or customers.
- Process and arrange product returns to overseas business units or factories with logistics and export teams.
b. Perform inventory management and control.
- Analyze customer forecasts, create simulations to manage manufacturing, transit, and buffer stock in order to align with contracted stocking terms with customers and achieve budget targets.
- Maintain/analyze planning parameters, including production and transit lead times, order quantities, contracted stock levels, etc. to achieve a consistent, healthy product pipe-line with minimal expedites/rescheduling.
- Create manufacturing order forecasts and communicate to overseas business unit and/or factory with agreed frequencies.
- Successfully coordinate specification change, end of life/program products to avoid any shortage to customer or obsolescence.
- Review customer contracts; provide feedback and suggestions to align with the company’s supply chain objectives and processes.
- Analyze and control monthly inventory turnover and aged inventory.
- Assist product teams with setting inventory annual operating budget, and forecasting inventory on a monthly, quarterly and year-end basis as needed.
- Customer Service:
a. Provide excellent customer service and on time delivery of product.
- Timely and accurate entries and updates of customer orders into the sales system and confirmation/acknowledgement to customers.
- Maintain internal order-tracking files as needed.
- Communicate delivery schedules, stock/pipe-line status, and tracking or delivery information to customers. Submit open order report updates as requested by customers.
- Support customer requests regarding delivery, shipment arrangement, and order changes.
- Obtain air estimates and authorizations in case delivery expedites are required. Support with negotiations for expedite cost responsibilities as needed.
- Follow-up with customers for order issue and forecast release based on product and transit lead times.
- Immediately identify any potential problems or bottlenecks affecting customer satisfaction, and address with the product team, overseas business unit, or factory for resolution.
- Coordinate with the quality team to support customer complaints and returns.
b. Coordinate and arrange shipments from warehouses.
- Monitor incoming and on-hand warehouse stock.
- Issue packing slips based on customer orders and releases and communicate to warehouse.
- Analyze customer delivery demands and propose alternate expedited shipment methods in case of delays.
- Accurate monitoring and timely processing of products in 3PW/VMI/Consignment warehouses. Address any discrepancies with customer for timely resolution.
c. Support with customer accounts and sales management.
- Work with Account Manager and Accounting to obtain the required documentation and approvals for new customer account setup per the company’s policies. Request for bill-to code setups with Accounting, create and maintain ship-to codes in the sales system.
- Review and implement customer specific requirements.
- Work with IT for EDI or any customer portal access or setup.
- Review and understand customers’ shipment guidelines. Issue Sales Routing/Route Files to Factory for direct/drop ship customers, or provide clear shipment instructions to warehouse.
- Support new Mass Production product ramp-up process with all relevant functional teams, including sales, engineering, logistics, and product teams.
- Provide sales forecasts or data to the product team and account managers as requested/required.
a. Clear, effective, and frequent communications required with customers, product teams, account managers, overseas business units, factories, logistics, accounting, and other operational teams.
b. Develop working partnerships with the company’s international divisions in Japan, Thailand, Philippines, China, Malaysia, Germany, Slovakia, etc.
c. Provide reports as requested from product teams, Japan headquarters or business units.
d. Participate in internal and external meetings to assist in negotiations or help resolve issues.
e. Provide customer, sales and factory airfreight cost reports to logistics.
f. Provide delivery delay and premium freight reports to quality.
g. Understand our products pricing policy and procedures, and submit price registration requests to Japan headquarters.
h. Perform all other duties as related to the job function, as required.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS/COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a customer service or related field such as:
- Manufacturing Processes
- Supply Chain/Logistics
- Business Administration
- Must have knowledge in material planning and production scheduling
- Ability to conduct detailed procedures in a time constrained environment
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
- May be required to work outside the normal business hours to accommodate communications overseas
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
At NMB, the pay band for this role is between $62,160.00 and $93,240.00 annually, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location. The base pay is a part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range of the pay band process. This offers you the opportunity to progress as you continue to grow and develop your career at NMB.
- Safe Harbor
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance & AD&D
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Spending Accounts
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick Leave Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
NMB offers flexible work schedules to create a better work/life balance.
WORK AUTHORIZATION (REQUIRED)
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for any employer in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
The job description doesn't constitute a contract of employment and the company may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
The above lists all of the essential functions, education, knowledge, skills and abilities required for this job. These are the minimum requirements; employees must also demonstrate good interpersonal skills, proper attitude and professionalism, acceptable attendance and work behaviors – at a minimum.