Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Admin
Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery Admin
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Administrator will work with the Trust Office, Cloud Operations, Cloud Services, and R&D teams and is responsible for analyzing, correlating, documenting, and executing all functions associated with continuity of operations and disaster recovery operational activities.
Provides technical expertise to plan, test, analyze, and execute business continuity planning (BCP) and disaster recovery planning (DRP) across NICE inContact. Provide regulatory business continuity analysis and testing analysis and conduct continuous failover tests to stress and enforce computational resiliency of all applications, services, and computing resources. Responsible for documenting and updating corporate BCP, DRP, and continuity of operations (COOP) Plan, developing critical recovery point objectives (RPO) and recovery time objectives (RTO) in support of a dynamic business impact analysis (BIA), and working with company stakeholders to ensure computer resource availability and reliability to sustain company operations across corporate and production environments.
This role is responsible for all facets of business continuity and disaster recovery as it relates to cybersecurity availability and resiliency; coordinating with operations teams and continually improving business continuity and disaster recovery controls are critical functions for this position.
- Develop and continually improve BCP and DRP lifecycle updates, to include developing and evolving company BIA(s), COOP procedures, and test validation planning
- Develop and manage Emergency Preparedness Plans for NICE inContact facilities and employees
- Develop and enhance methods to increase awareness of business continuity procedures and controls
- Implement tools to support BCP and DR including desktop testing software, business continuity management software, and emergency communication software
- Perform and continually conduct risk assessments across infrastructure and application services to determine computer resource resiliency
- Serve as the point of contact for any identified resilience issues and risks within the business
- Assumes a leadership role in understanding dependencies in the business and incorporate them into BCPs and DRPs
- Accountable for identification, understanding, management, mitigation, remediation or acceptance of all continuity risks and issues assigned to the organization globally
- Works with respective departments across the organization to ensure effective understanding of BCP and DRP strategies
- Develop and implement systems, policies, standards and procedures that comply with all industry standards. Anticipate emerging regulations and assesses potential impacts and positions NICE inContact may need to adopt in response to the pending changes
- Determine, develop, track, and communicate BC and DR metrics to appropriate NICE inContact leadership representation and other stakeholders to effectively and visibly lead a proactive BC and DR culture across the business
- Maintain the highest level of personal certification, integrity and objectivity, following the company Code of Ethics and Nice inContact policies and procedures at all times.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelors’ degree in Business Information Systems, Business Administration, Business Communications, English, Computer Science, Information Systems Security or related field or equivalent work experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of business continuity and disaster recovery program development and implementation
- Experience working with global compliance standards and business continuity planning/frameworks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience in working with modern cloud infrastructure, Software as a Service (SaaS), and Platform as a Service (PaaS) environments
- Strong project planning and project management experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and formal English grammar.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with ability to anticipate evolving risk impacts within highly dynamic cloud environments
- Ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously, work effectively with diverse groups and in a team environment as well as independently
- The attributes of a qualified candidate are a rational skepticism, a sense of risk appreciation, technical awareness, informed judgment and a strong operational understanding.
- Certifications in business continuity and risk management (one or more preferred):
- ISO 22301
- Telecommunications experience
- Working knowledge of SaaS resiliency and redundancy controls
- Strong understanding of data security controls to include encryption (at rest and processing), network authentication, network security architectures, and access control.
ABOUT NICE inContact: NICE inContact makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE inContact provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE inContact CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE inContact is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.