Senior Product Manager
Senior Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager has a key role in establishing Nexidia’s vision, strategy, and product roadmap for Nexidia’s Contact Center Speech Analytics solutions. The role requires a high-energy individual who excels at working with cross-functional teams in a technical space and is comfortable in leading a team effort, as well as influencing others to achieve company objectives.
The Senior Product Manager is the champion for his/her products throughout each product's lifecycle, from strategic definition to technical design to end-of-life planning. The core objective of the Senior Product Manager is to optimize product profitability by maximizing customer satisfaction through timely delivery of appropriate and useful products/features, with clearly articulated product positioning that effectively communicates the value proposition of the Nexidia solution. The Senior Product Manager represents customer needs in product definition documents and on cross-functional program teams, ensures product acceptance in the market, and plans orderly transitions of products from one version to the next. Together with Product Marketing and Development, and other members of the Product Management team, the Senior Product Manager will help the company develop a product roadmap that ensures Nexidia offers highly competitive solutions to its customers.
Essential functions of the Senior Product Manager include developing market and product requirements for the Nexidia product/solution offering, based upon customer, competitive, technical, and market information. The Senior Product Manager defines the roll-out plans for delivering the individual products to market, develops product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategies, and champions the product launch process for and within Nexidia, including with potential customers.
The ideal candidate has a background in requirements definition, as well as experience working on cross-functional teams and interfacing with customers. This may be from prior roles as a Product Manager, Business Analyst, User Experience professional, or others. This individual has demonstrated ability to grasp, and then articulate, business and technical concepts to a wide variety of audiences. The ideal candidate can influence various parts of an organization with the necessary excellent interpersonal skills to quickly gather and distill information, build relationships with strategic customers and vendors outside of Nexidia (as well as with key people within Nexidia), and champion their ideas and products both inside and outside of Nexidia. The ideal candidate also possesses strong technical and business analysis skills in order to quickly assess and remain abreast of the state of the industry. This includes synthesis of any promising new technologies, new applications of technology, standards activities, changes in buyer behavior and expectations, competitive vendor positioning or moves, etc.
- Work with partners, customers and Nexidia sales to understand business’ needs with regard to interaction analytics with the contact center;
- Develop and maintain appropriate “Product Requirements Backlogs” detailing the business and technical requirements for each release;
- Assist with the development of the functional/technical design for the features and functions called for by the product requirements;
- Manage relationships across functional groups and influence cross-functional groups without direct hierarchical ownership of teams or products;
- Prioritize and update defects, improvements and enhancements;
- Design / Storyboard and develop product demonstration scenarios within the application;
- Participate in customer-facing sales meetings, events and user conferences as a product expert;
- Perform competitive analysis and become the reference point for knowledge of the competition’s relevant product(s);
- Communicate the value of the Nexidia solutions to a wide range of audiences, including internal employees (primarily sales, services and support), customers, prospects, and partners.
Specific Experience/Skills Required:
- 5+ years experience with software product management, professional services, or in another relevant role;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience as a persuasive and persistent advocate for customer needs;
- Excellent cross-functional team leader with project management skills;
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to take the initiative and work in a self-directed manner;
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment;
- Ability to communicate comfortably across all levels of corporate structure;
- Ability to work with sales executives and assist with opportunities as subject matter expert, especially when offerings are new to market;
- Contact Center Business experience preferred;
- User experience skills a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of telephony infrastructure a plus, but not required
- Bachelors Degree (MBA preferred).
- Nexidia is currently in a work-from-home environment and will be so for a yet to be determined amount of time.
- Upon office reopening, we anticipate a hybrid model that will mix work from home days with in-office days.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and an entrepreneurial, innovative, team-oriented environment.
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.