Lead Technical Account Manager
Lead Technical Account Manager
Location: Remote, USAAfter key CXone customers have purchased and are implementing our products, the Technical Account Management (TAM) team takes ownership of the customer relationship and becomes their advocate within CXone. The Technical Account Manager (TAM) begins to engage with the customer before they go live on the contact center platform, and works closely with the customer from that point forward to ensure their success.
Our TAMs are seasoned account management and technical resolution professionals who are at the top of their field and are unified in exceeding customer expectations, improving our processes and technology, and meeting company growth objectives. The Lead TAM is a deeply experienced and expert account management professional, responsible for resolving the most complex problems and providing excellent technical and customer service to specific key accounts. He/she will help them overcome issues that arise, succeed in their business using our technology and services, expand their usage of our products, be a reference to prospective customers, and be a long-term and loyal customer. The accounts assigned are generally our largest, most complex and challenging customers.
Interaction with customers will be done via phone, email, chat and WebEx, with face to face meetings as necessary and/or appropriate. Mentoring and coaching other TAMs is a daily routine. Travel is more frequent than with other TAMs due to the higher level customers being served and the Senior TAM's increased skills and abilities. The Senior TAM will work both independently and in concert with Sales, Technical Support, Professional Services and other teams to ensure the highest levels of customer success beyond just his/her assigned accounts, providing a collaborative solution that will leave the customer with a positive experience and a product that meets their needs.
- Work largely during the customers' core business hours, with occasional extended hours as needed
- Occasional on-call after-hours work may be required as needed by the customer
- As their account management professional, be the assigned accounts' single point of contact to our company, and engage resources across several teams as needed to resolve their issues and requests
- Multi-year track record of excellence in customer satisfaction and loyalty, resolving technically and emotionally challenging and high-stakes issues, and navigating enterprise-level challenges through to successful outcomes
- Professional judgment and business savvy are respected by co-workers, customers and partners
- Exemplify an effective and productive relationship with assigned accounts, hold regular discussions to review open issues, understand their contact center and business, ensure that CXone's solutions meet their needs, share best practices, consistently increase their success, and become their trusted partner and advisor
- Excellent triage and advanced troubleshooting skills, teaching peers those same skills to improve their success
- Personally resolve as many customer issues as possible, both for your accounts and others, while scheduling time for proactive activities
- Partnering with other CXone employees and teams (technical support, professional services, product management, engineering, etc.), ensure that all technical challenges and other issues/cases/requests are being handled properly, are within SLA targets, and are progressing toward resolution. This includes assisting with issues for other TAMs
- Demonstrate superior in depth knowledge of CXone products and associated technologies, especially those employed by assigned accounts E
- Exemplify subject matter expertise in two or more technical areas
- Exemplify expertise and maintain currency in telecommunications, contact center, and related technologies
- Utilize a deep understanding of each customer's environment to identify customer needs and implement solutions that will accelerate their success
- Exemplify deep knowledge of competitive product lines, differentiators and industry trends through self-education and CXone's resources, and teach others
- Develop and present compelling customized presentations to assigned accounts that both quantify and qualify product/service usage, realized benefits, achievements, opportunities and next steps
- Provide training to accounts to ensure that they get the most out of their CXone investment
- Capture common questions, techniques and best practices in daily workflow, sharing that information by regularly creating and improving knowledgebase content
- Contribute high-value knowledgebase content that enables the success of employees across CXone, partners, and enterprise-level customers operating in complex and large contact center environments
- Provide coaching to peers and exemplify consistent and high-value participation in knowledge creation and improvement
- Contributes to product strategy and direction by participating with the Product and Practice Specialist team to communicate enhancements and issues to Product Management and Engineering
- Ensure that all communication, interactions, assignments, details and actions are clear, effective, timely (within established SLA), and are logged into the CRM system
- Appropriately contribute to and take charge of meetings, calls and other discussions to convey ownership, organization, progress and direction. This may be required for accounts other than those assigned to you
- Exemplify consistently and regularly updating customer and account information, keeping it current in the CRM system
- Tactfully, confidently and professionally communicate with all stakeholders, especially in emotionally-charged and escalated situations, bringing people together with the common goal of resolving issues and accelerating the customer's success
- Communicate and work with customers in a way that they do not escalate and are confident that their issues and concerns are being properly represented and handled by CXone
- Assist the team by taking ownership of escalations from other accounts in your area of expertise, exemplifying the effective handling of difficult situations
- Exemplify escalation prevention, resource engagement and communication when escalation occurs
- Provide assistance and leadership in resolving complex issues across teams and throughout the company
- Develop and drive business cases that outline problems, impacts, proposed solutions and outcomes that help CXone improve our performance and success
- Make and meet all commitments, building trust with customers and help others to do the same
- Present a professional image in communication, conduct, attitude and attire
- Exemplify professionalism and leadership with customers, and helps peers to develop the same level of expertise
- Accountable for all actions, and tactfully reinforce accountability across all employees and teams in the company for delivering against Operating Level Agreements (OLA) and Service Level Agreements (SLA). Professionally and tactfully teaches proper process and methods that ensure customer service excellence
- Lead assigned customers in preparation for go-live, and build confidence with them as they begin using our products in a live environment
- Responsible for customer satisfaction, retention and referenceability for all assigned accounts
- Lead the way in team goal achievement and set personal goals that increase effectiveness and success of yourself and the team
- Identify opportunities to improve or modify products and services to improve customer effectiveness and experience, and recommend those improvements through proper channels, driving product/services enhancements and development
- Employ an assertive yet positive attitude in working with others to create standardized and consistent processes and to improve process issues that cause inefficiency, risk, missed targets, and frustration
- Add value to the company by finding, recommending and leading important projects, tasks and initiatives that improve process, methods, tactics and success within the team and across CXone, with little management intervention.
- Participation in these activities does not detract from the service, value, and outcomes provided to assigned accounts
- Mentor TAMs at all levels and other peers as appropriate toward increased success
- Provide high-value technical and process training to others based on skills and expertise, which training improves others' effectiveness and efficiency
- Fill advanced technical and process training needs, and provide that training to others without prompting or requirement from leadership. The training improves others' effectiveness and efficiency
- Expert at turning failing or struggling accounts into successful accounts, and helping others in the team do the same
- Manage and document certain CXone technical projects with each assigned account to ensure that they are successful
- Can act as a backup for managers or other Senior TAMs as needed
- Occasional travel (up to 25%) required, visiting customer sites and attending company meetings
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned or needed
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and CXone policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of CXone.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or similar field or equivalent work experience required.
- 10 years in a Technical/Service role in software, telecommunications or in customer service, call/contact center and/or service delivery
- Demonstrated technical problem solving proficiency
- Excellent analytical and advanced troubleshooting skills with end-users/customers
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multitask and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Able to work with little supervision and complete projects
- Working technical knowledge of contact center software/design/functionality
- Demonstrated experience in a fast paced environment and meeting customer time constraints
- Implementation: broad skills in both technology & analysis; experience in communicating at a technical and functional level while managing business rapport.
- Business Optimization: deep skills around business analysis/call centers; experience in the KPIs and best practices of call centers and their operations.
- Education & Enablement: professional and confident public presence; experience in commanding large audiences as a trainer and/or speaker.
- Engineering Services: deep skills in specialized technical & functional areas; deeply technical expertise around software engineering, programming languages, integration, and/or databases.
- TCP/IP networking knowledge and VoIP technology exposure
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP, telecom circuits from DS0 through OC-48
- Understanding of network topology and telecommunications architecture (PBX, Carriers and VoIP)
- Understanding of basic scripting fundamentals
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and internet fundamentals
- Extensive software, telecommunications and IP Telephony
- Experience using SIP signaling
- Competent in database and SQL concepts and scripting
- Desired personal profile: analytical, inquisitive, service & team-oriented, friendly demeanor, early adopter
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.