The Nexidia Deployment Engineer is responsible for planning, documenting, and deploying Nexidia’s software suite into hosted and on premise environments. Additionally, the DE has excellent troubleshooting abilities, can learn new concepts and technologies rapidly, is self motivated, and possesses excellent communications skills, both written and verbal. A background in SQL administration and some level of software development and architecture is required, in addition to a strong working foundation in a myriad of fundamental technologies including server administration, IT infrastructure, networking, network security, domain user provisioning, and TCP/UDP communications.
Possess a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, or a similar field.
5-10 years experience in enterprise systems administration and technology and software development experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Strong working knowledge of each of the following:
- Networking principles
- DNS / DHCP
- Network troubleshooting
- SSL certificate administration
- Understanding of network encryption protocols
- Windows Server administration
- IIS 7.0 or higher administration
- NTFS / UNC security principles
- Scripting (Powershell is preferred, but proficiency in another scripting language is acceptable)
- SQL Server Administration to include:
- User / Login provisioning and troubleshooting
- Creating maintenance jobs
- Database backup and restore
- Ability to write basic queries, including joins, updates, deletes, select statements, and utilize temp tables
- Ability to understand existing SQL scripts and diagnose issues
- SQL Profiler
- SQL: Activity Monitor
- SQL Resource Management
- Understand the difference between relational and dimensional database
- ETL concepts
- Database maintenance tasks
- Authentication Methods
- Execellent analytical and troubleshooting skills required
- Curiosity and the desire to understand the “how” instead of the “why”
- Solutions oriented personality
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience working in customer-facing situations
- Experience deploying enterprise class software that utilizes a varitety of technologies is desirable
- Candidate needs to be self-motivated, able to work alone and with a team, and be able to think creatively.
- Flexible working schedule required
- Weekend work required, usually no more than 50% of the time
- Occaisional international travel may be required.
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.