Documentation Tech Manager
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Documentation Group Leader, with strong managerial and documentation skills, to lead a group of technical writers - in a challenging, innovative, global, fast-paced environment.
If you are passionate about quality technical content, have the ability to get things done and meet challenging deadlines, together with the ability to manage a diverse group of writers documenting a variety of products – this job is for you!
- Lead a group of 10 highly-skilled technical writers
- Be an individual contributor as the technical writer for at least one product
- Liaise with Israel-based documentation management
- Collaborate with the documentation portal administration team
- Get involved with setting guidelines and ensuring they are implemented
- Project manage the group's delivery to successful releases by tracking work, dependencies, and risks, and taking corrective actions as necessary.
- Facilitate and support team member’s technical and career growth objectives through training, leadership opportunities, challenging work assignments, and focused mentorship.
- Collaborate with the global team to innovate and improve the doc suite.
- Mentor and support the career development / personal growth of your direct reports.
- Meet milestones for all documentation deliverables
- Responsible for annual objective setting and annual assessments
- Attend product discovery forums for multiple lines of business
- Ongoing prioritization with Project Management and load balancing within the team
- Collaborate with Product Management, R&D leadership and the Services/Support organization.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English with at least a BA degree
- 15 years of experience in documentation development
- 5 years of experience in documentation management
- Experience in medium to large software domains and specifically in the financial vertical – plus
- Experience working with Agile scrum R&D teams
- Ability to motivate and inspire others to take on challenges and creatively overcome obstacles
- Great initiative; proven ability to tackle projects with a can-do attitude
- Record of achieving objectives; successful project completion, within budget and time frame.
- Track record of building positive and productive cross-group collaboration and partner relationships, share resources and ownership.
- Proven experience in operating within a global environment
- Passionate about quality
- Passionate about people management
- Great communication skills and excellent teamwork capabilities
- Capable of executing under uncertainty, in a dynamic environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Team player
- Not afraid to “get your hands dirty”
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.