Sr. Problem Manager
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
The Problem Manager is responsible for investigating outage incidents in the production environment, facilitating root cause analysis and coordinating the corrective action implementation. This also includes financial impact analysis of incidents and driving process and change to help protect the availability of the platform. The Problem Manager is responsible for participating and overseeing the Problem Management process for Operations. This position will be responsible for management of the Problem queue, ensuring that the underlying cause of incidents is addressed and driving operational stability. The Problem Manager is responsible for ensuring a consistent method of incident management is followed; this includes incident classification, escalation paths and communication protocols. The candidate will perform post-mortems for high priority incidents with a focus on process improvement as well as technical resolution.
The Problem Manager also runs, administers and organizes problem activities in cooperation with and under the direction of the Network Operations Manager, aiming at the flawless execution of the remediation actions for a problem.
As a Problem Project Manager, a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
- Manage Problem Management queue to address underlying cause for incidents and drive continued improvement in service availability.
- Keep appropriate stakeholders up-to-date with latest information through timely and regular written and verbal communications.
- Conduct technical research, analyze and evaluate existing systems (operating systems, architecture, database, hardware platforms, network) to drive investigation on any reported problem.
- Martial the appropriate resources and serve as liaison between Operations Team and the infrastructure, development and business groups to resolve critical problems in the environment.
- Drive continued improvement on problem management processes across geographically dispersed development and operations teams.
- Drive continued improvement in system availability through problem identification and resolution.
- Monitor KPIs that indicate effectiveness of the Incident / Problem Management process.
- Keep knowledge up-to-date with technical architecture developments across the platform
To Land This Gig You'll Need:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- ITIL Certification V3 Foundation level minimum, Practitioner or Manager preferred.
- 5+ years of incident management experience
- Strong customer communication skills with the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical customers; able to improvise and persuasively communicate ideas/positions on an ad hoc basis.
- Proven skills at cultivating strong working relationships and driving collaboration across multiple business and technical teams.
- Ability to organize resources across different teams to drive resolution of system critical issues.
- Ability to apply technical analysis of application issues to solve customer reported problems.
- Ability to work well within a team to learn and share knowledge.
- Experience with different web platforms.
- Experience with telephony (PST & VOIP).
- Knowledge of databases including SQL a plus.
- Knowledge of telecommunications networks and OSI model a plus.
- Familiarity with ITIL, Foundations certificate a plus but not required.
- Experience working in a customer-centric environment.
- Experience debugging code written by other developers in production environments a plus.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Broad and deep understanding of the complex roles that technology plays in business systems
- Experience leading large organizational change initiatives.
ABOUT NICE CXone: NICE CXone makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE CXone provides the world’s #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.