DataIQ Senior Systems Administrator
NICE Actimize is comprised of talented, creative, and dedicated individuals with a passion for delivering innovative solutions to the market. At NICE Actimize, we recognize that every employee’s contributions are integral to our company’s growth and success. To find and acquire the best and brightest talent around the globe, we offer a challenging work environment, competitive compensation, and benefits, and rewarding career opportunities. Come share, grow, and learn with us – you’ll be challenged, you’ll have fun and you’ll be part of a fast growing, highly respected organization.
MAIN DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
The Cloud Operations team at DATAIQ consists of four members of staff who are responsible for all aspects of our software as a service environment. We have a mixture of cloud environments with private, hosted and Public on AWS. The Infrastructure is comprised of windows servers with a growing number of Linux and Kubernetes boxes.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced systems administrator, with a good understanding of working with AWS hosted SaaS web-based applications and High Availability Encrypted MS SQL Server. In addition to these skills we are looking for people keen to lean and develop knowledge and processes. Experience of automation with shell script / PowerShell / ETL.
The main responsibilities of the System Administrator role are:
Supporting AWS Cloud SaaS based infrastructure.
· Supporting High availability mission critical AWS Cloud SaaS based infrastructure and applications.
· MS SQL Server support including Local and Distributed Availability Groups / Merge and Transactional Replication & Performance analysis and troubleshooting.
· Monitoring of systems and batch import jobs (ETL)
· Troubleshooting batch job code in Bash and Python.
· Experience with monitoring systems including setting up new alerts via custom scripts (Nagios ect)
· Infrastructure as Code in both Cloud Formation and Teraform (YML and JSON)
· Gitops and Ansible deployments, alongside AWS Systems Manager.
· Global Patching deployment and management alongside vulnerability resolution.
· Experience in a Red or Blue security team, disto like Kali and its features.
· Experience with AWS Security Hub, AWS Network Firewall.
· Experience in Custom Lambda creation and .net containers.
· Deployment Tools – Jenkins, Octopus, Ansible, Powershell DSM.
· Advanced scripting experience with powershell.
· Troubleshoot and monitor complex Transit Gateway networks and routing.
· Advanced understanding of VPC design and function with Security Group permissions.
· New Server installation / Upgrade on both Windows and Linux (Centos / Linux2)
· Capacity planning, security policies, backup and monitoring
· Working closely with customer services and ensure SLA’s are met for new users
· Supporting Local Users
· Setting up basic access rights and performing Soc2 auditing tasks.
· Understanding of Secure designs and the ability to act as a security champion.
· Expert understanding of web traffic flow and familiarly with tools like Postman and Fiddler.
· Experience in creation of and support for Containers running in ECS, EKS modes.
· Experience in async queue technologies like RabbitMQ and Kafka.
· Working directly with customers on connectivity setup (ftp, sftp) and troubleshooting.
SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES (e. g. shifts, travel overseas, hours):
· Weekend On-call cover 24/7 one week in two, weekend work requires active monitoring of batch processes and alerts.
· Release coverage which occurs in US evening hours covering both major and minor releases.
WORK AND TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE/BACKGROUND:
· Ability to work in a challenging and dynamic environment
· Experience of providing production and development support for business-critical applications and servers.
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with other IT staff, e.g. developers, desktop support
· Detail and Process oriented, happy to do the required day to day support while on hand to deal with advanced issues.
· Acting as Level 3 Application Support.
· Development or Production SQL Server DBA.
· Previous experience in AWS
· Experience of working in a global team
TECHNICAL/BUSINESS SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
· Windows Server Support and Configuration
· Linux Server Support and Configuration
· AWS and AWS Network support
· MSSQL Server High Availability & Replication support
· Information & Network Security – Third party penetration tests, SOC2 compliance.
· Exposure to Octopus and Jenkins
· Experience with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
· Exposure to Continuous Integration tools
· Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, CloudFormation or DSM
The right candidate will possess the majority of all the points below:
· Excellent communication skills, oral and written
· Ability to work in a small team, to manage and share tasks if workload demands make this necessary
· Customer facing skills as needed especially in troubleshooting network, application latency.
· Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
· Ability to deliver quality results in the required timeframe
· Eagerness to learn and champion new technologies
· Ability to work with quantitative analyst and developer groups
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.