Director of Engineering
NICE Ltd. (NASDAQ: NICE) software products are used by 25,000+ global businesses, including 85 of the 100 largest corporations in the world, to deliver extraordinary customer experiences, fight financial crime and ensure public safety. Every day, NICE software manages more than 120 million customer interactions and monitors 3+ billion financial transactions. Innovation efforts in cloud-native open platforms, artificial intelligence and analytics is driving rapid growth of our software products with reported revenues of USD 1.7 billion in FY 2020.
NICE India GTC is a strategic R&D and Operations center of NICE, employing 1600 out of a global employee base of 7000.
A fast growing business within NICE is the NICE Public Safety Line of Business, which develops state of the art solutions that integrate and put into context information from many sources to help emergency control rooms and investigation departments reconstruct and understand the who, what, when, where and why of an incident. This business also provides industry leading cloud solutions for the Criminal Justice market for the acquisition, management and analysis of digital evidence for over 3,000 public safety customers, including many major global cities.
We are looking for a strong experienced team leader – Director of Engineering - to lead our Public Safety team in Pune. The Director of Engineering plans and directs all aspects of engineering activities within the organization and manages a team of managers, engineers, quality analysts and program managers. This leader will be part of a global Public Safety R&D team working with colleagues in our UK headquarters and around the globe., They will ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
This role is responsible for the software development of our suite of applications for Emergency Control Rooms (also called 911 Centers). This suite of applications helps deliver Operational Intelligence to save lives through capture of emergency communications and data, understanding performance in real-time, automating incident reconstructions, targeted Quality Assurance and Improvement (QA/QI) and a streamlined emergency call subpoena process.
This position will hire, lead and manage a group of software engineers that designs, develops, releases, maintains, troubleshoots and debugs software applications for Public Safety. This position will provide leadership through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Work with the line of business to define the product roadmap and strategy
- Assist in the development of short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives
- Work closely with the Product Manager, Technical Architect, Technical Managers, QA engineers, writer, and software engineers to define/develop features big and small for our products
- Actively guide and mentor the team to develop features to meet functional, documentation and quality while obviating roadblocks
- Drive and impact all current processes related to software development and improvements across the organization as necessary
- Manage all people aspects of the team, such as hiring, reviews, mentoring, promotions, etc.
- Provide worldwide support to our customers
- Play major role in envisioning and execution of next gen plans (e.g. architecture) to achieve longer term strategic objectives of the organization
- Prioritize, assign and manage departments activities and projects in accordance with the R&D departments goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation based on workload.
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Coaching the echo system for agility, adopt plan and execution based on reality and engage all the involved.
- Develop performance-oriented culture
- Promote innovation
Skills and Experience required
- 20+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
- At least 8 years' experience in managing multiple teams of software developers
- Proven track record of managing the development of enterprise-grade software products that can perform, scale, and integrate into a broad enterprise ecosystem.
- Experience working in a global product software company for enterprise customers (Fortune 100 companies)
- Experience working abroad
- Demonstrated ability to deftly influence others, especially in sensitive or complex situations
- Solid understanding of n-tier architectures
- Experience of product development using a range of Microsoft C#/.NET technologies
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud - An Advantage
- Experience developing and supporting hosted and/or multi-tenant software delivered as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Deep experience with Agile/SCRUM/SAFe software development methodologies.
- Finance/Compliance Domain expertise – An Advantage.
- Excellent People Management skills
- BE/B.Tech in computer science, Computer Engineering or related field
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.