Presales Solutions Consultant
The rubber hits the road when someone picks up the phone to talk to a company. It happens over 250 million times a day. With over 60 percent of people dumping brands because of bad customer service, that phone call can make or break a business.
Enter NICE Mattersight – the only company that uses personality analysis and big data analytics to improve every customer call, increase customer satisfaction and lower costs for Fortune 500 enterprises. Our patented technology mines a private database of over 1 billion customer service calls to quickly pair customers with call center agents they will naturally, effortlessly click with. Awkward and annoying becomes satisfying and enjoyable. Frustrated becomes enthusiastic.
NICE Mattersight helps companies make positive conversations with their customers the rule, not the exception, by fostering emotional connections that turn complainers into fans.
Who you are:
NICE Mattersight is seeking a Pre-Sales Solutions Analyst to join our Solutions Engineering Team. The ideal candidate is someone who is excited about working in a data-driven environment with strategic, high-growth accounts and projects.
We are looking for someone who can deploy a consultative approach to uncover customer needs, prepare materials that will be used by the presales and sales teams to highlight the value of the Mattersight proposed solution, escalate problems encountered in the field to the appropriate SE senior resource, and sense when to ditch the script and engage with people rather than slides. We’re looking for an excellent collaborator, with an ability to communicate complex concepts to a variety of audiences in a confident and compelling way and make the complex easy and simple to follow.
What you’ll do:
This is a great opportunity for someone to leverage client-facing experience and a passion for technology to develop over time into a technical sales professional. As a Pre-Sales Solutions Analyst at Mattersight, you will be part of a fast paced environment, supporting a rapidly growing product division and responsible for laying the groundwork for the sales team to be successful. You will partner with presales and sales to provide support throughout the entire sales process. We are looking for detail-oriented individuals from diverse backgrounds with demonstrated quantitative and problem-solving skills. We value creativity, curiosity, hard work and excellence.
- Support presales phase by lending your business and technical expertise to deliver high quality solutions, identify risks, and clear roadblocks for the sales organization
- Assess technical and business environment to determine recommendations
- Maintain a current knowledge of modern technologies across multiple telephony and cloud platforms
- Assist the team in the development and maintenance of company-wide standardization and scalability processes
- Track and report on progression towards team goals, ability to keep themselves and others organized
- Act as a SME for the product providing guidance to all team members on business and technical concerns
- Build internal relationships, within sales and other areas to evangelize the Mattersight solution enabling the sales team to feel confident in discussing the solution with their accounts
What you bring to the table:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel and SQL experience
- 3+ years practical experience in either solutions architecture, sales engineering, data, implementation or configurations, with an interest in further developing client-facing skill
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to clear roadblocks and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Bias for action, a motivator with an optimistic yet realistic “can do” attitude
- Experience with cross-functional project and deal teams
- Ability to create compelling presentation materials based on the client’s needs
What differentiates you as the best:
- Experience working with customer contact centers or other customer service functions
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to both non-technical business users as well as client technical stakeholders
- Experience with ACDs, telephony architecture or other call center technology
- Experience in a role with direct client interaction
- High proficiency with Excel advanced features/capabilities (Functions, VLOOKUP, Advanced Charting, Conditional Formatting, PIVOT Tables & PIVOT Reporting)
- Write and execute basic SQL queries
What you can expect:
NICE Mattersight values diversity amongst its employees. Employees from all levels of experience and backgrounds are mingled together and are encouraged to learn about projects others are working on. NICE Mattersight’s Chicago office fosters teamwork as well as self-motivation.
Where you’ll be:
NICE Mattersight seeks candidates authorized to work without sponsorship in the United States. The Solution Analyst will be based out of Mattersight’s Chicago location; candidates should anticipate roughly 20-40% travel.
Studies have shown that certain groups are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. Our top priority is finding the best candidate for the job and if you are interested in this position we encourage you to apply even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.