Manager, Deployment Engineering
The Nexidia Deployment Engineering team is responsible for planning, documenting, and deploying Nexidia’s software products globally, in addition to tier-3 troubleshooting for day 1 and day 2 environments.
A DE Manager is responsible for leading and managing this team of professionals, providing mentorship, and paving the way for Deployment Engineers to be successful in their responsibilities. Responsibilities also include scheduling, workload management, resource management, technical assistance, project monitoring, and intra-departmental coordination.
Managing the Deployment Engineering team is a challenging, but very rewarding responsibility, with limitless opportunities to grow as a person, a professional, and as a leader. The DE team is one of the most successful, capable teams within the Nexidia organization, spanning 3 continents, consisting of dedicated, talented engineers, who take great pride in what they do every day.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in Management or Business Administration
- Have 3 -10 years of demonstrated, successful leadership and management experience
- A solid technical background in enterprise systems administration and technology, and some level of software development experience.
- Microsoft SQL Server administration experience, and a good working knowledge of basic database queries and database troubleshooting.
The Ideal Candidate
- Leads by example. Never asks for something they would not do themselves
- Understands the importance of putting the team members first
- Does not isolate from other groups, but instead encourages and fosters growth and partnership
- Is both technically adept, and a fast learner
- Communicates effectively, and can build and nurture relationships
- Thinks outside of the box
- Adapts rapidly to an ever-changing, sometimes chaotic environment
- Can analyze a situation and make quick decisions, sometimes with limited information
- Capable of handleing competing priorities
- Is flexible with respect to working time. This is a global team, that handles global projects, some that run around the clock for several days, and across weekends.
- Knows how to lead and insprire professionals in their daily tasks, short-term goals, and long-term goals
- Continuously raises the bar, not just for the team, but for themselves
- Can handle feedback (good and bad) from supervisors, peers, and subordinates
- Is always open to new ideas and collaborations with team members, and other groups
- Can work competently with all levels of employees, internal and external, including executive leadership
- Work continuously with the deployment team and R&D to improve deployment tools and process
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.