Sr. Product Manager
Sr. Product Manager
Location: Salt Lake City, UTThe Sr. Product Manager is responsible for the product/solution planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle from cradle to grave, including: gathering and prioritizing solution and customer requirements, defining the solution’s vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. This position also includes ensuring that the solution supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- The Sr. Product Manager will have profit and loss responsibilities and will be compensated based on the success and profitability of the assigned solutions and products.
- This position will create, analyze, and propose pricing structures that are competitive and aligned with corporate financial objectives.
- Own solution/product strategy associated with assigned solutions portfolio.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from start to finish; strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Maintain active product owner role under Scrum methodology.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Drive a solution set across development teams (primarily R&D, and Product Marketing) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
- Develop and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Manage profit and loss responsibilities for assigned portfolio.
- Define the solution/product strategy, product backlog and solution /product roadmap and communicate them internally and externally.
- Deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and corresponding justification.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Be a subject matter expert with respect to the solutions portfolio.
- Act as a leader within the company.
- Possible travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Europe (25%).
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and CXone policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of CXone.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Advanced degree in Business, Marketing, or Computer Science preferred.
- 6+ years of product management/marketing experience with formal product management techniques, tools, and principles involved in planning and delivering new software products and services.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, work with a hightened sense of urgency and drive a broad Scrum team to strategic conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate non-technical feature descriptions into structured use cases, requirements, and specifications for technical audiences.
- Ability to personally interact with customers, prospects, sales, executive management, and technical engineering resources, adjusting communications to the situation and successfully understanding and communicating product capabilities and priorities to each audience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English including vocabulary, spelling, composition, and grammar.
- Ability to read and understanding technical information well enough to convey in original written communications to multiple audiences, including Engineering.
- Ability to personally interact with technical resources and listen carefully, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions where appropriate.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Experience with project management and project communication techniques and tools. This includes alternative ways to inform via written, oral, and visual media.
- Agile methodology experience.
- Contact center experience with multi-channel routing and IVR/Self Service.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.