Business Analytics Manager
Job Title: Business Analytics ManagerDepartment: Pre Sales
Reports To: Manager, Client EngagementsDivision/Section: Sales
Division Location: Atlanta, Georgia
KEY DEPARTMENTAL OBJECTIVES
Pre-Sales is responsible for working on new sales opportunities by presenting/demonstrating the Nexidia products and their value proposition to prospective and existing clients across multiple industries.
The Business Analytics Manager is responsible for the Analytics phase of a Nexidia Proof of Concept (PoC). A PoC is a free 4-5 week project that demonstrates how the Nexidia Interaction Analytics product suite can be utilized to solve real world business problems by analyzing a client’s audio and/or text interactions. The PoC will focus on 2-3 use cases to prove out a return of investment.
The PoC is divided into 2 phases: Build and Analysis. During the Analytics phase the Business Analytics Manager is responsible for performing the analysis required to prove out the use cases. This will involve managing the effort required to complete the analysis. Once the analysis is completed, the Business Analytics Manager will work with the Nexidia Account Team to develop the return of investment for the Proof of Concept.
The role is responsible for ensuring that highest quality work products are delivered as part of the PoC’s Analysis phase including: working with client and internal team members to outline and fulfill analytical business requirements and meet customer expectations based on defendable business intelligence.
Responsibilities also include: working with the Nexidia Account Team to understand the scope and desired deliverables for the PoC, customer training, working with key stakeholders in other parts of the organization to resolve technical issues, and focusing on process and technical improvements to increase the productivity of the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively demonstrate Nexidia products
- Understand technical details of Nexidia products in support of the sales cycle
- Executing and leading the analytical efforts based on the defined business objectives
- Meet defined deadlines to ensure effective sales cycle needs are met
- Work within Nexidia’s services delivery methodology to:
- Understand the client’s business challenges
- Create a delivery plan for the assigned PoC
- Identify valuable and actionable findings to support the PoC delivery
- Educate the Nexidia Account Team regarding the status of the PoC
- Perform analysis for each use case
- Analysis presentation creation
- PoC Analysis document creation
- Provide inputs for ROI calculations
- Conduct the Pre-Sales hand off for preparation of the final client readout presentation
- Lead daily meeting with the PoC off-shore resources
- Create the “PoC Package” documentation
- As needed, delivery of on-site PoCs
NEXIDIA COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and adheres to Nexidia compliance standards as they appear in the Employee Handbook, Corporate Compliance Policies, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest Policy (as appropriate)
- Keeps abreast of all pertinent federal and state regulations, laws, and policies affecting their position as they presently exist and as they change or are modified
- As appropriate, ensures that the staff are trained and evaluated on their knowledge of and adherence to compliance policies and procedures specific to their jobs
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in Strategic Improvement Projects as assigned
- Act as Subject Matter Expert as needed for Curriculum Development
- Provide feedback to Product Management, Support, and Development Services
- Performs other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Project management of consulting or analytic projects
- Negotiation and relationship management skills
- Aptitude to navigate through multiple layers of an organization and effectively communicate at all levels
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as attention to detail
- Highly professional, consultative, and customer focused
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office Applications
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to train and mentor members of their team
- Respect for others and the ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree (minimum requirement)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of management consulting or business analytics experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years of supervisory experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
Physical Demands: Overnight travel by car or plane will be required, up to 20%. May require some International travel
Work environment: Professional office environment that is entrepreneurial, creative, innovative, team-oriented, inspiring, diverse and challenging with dedication to creating and developing cutting-edge business solutions for our customers. Working conditions are normal for an office environment; work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.