Global Designated Support Engineer
Global Designated Support Engineer (Senior Technical Support Engineer)
The Designated Support Engineer (DSE) is a senior member of the Technical Support team at NICE CXone. As a DSE you are the point of contact for assigned large enterprise customers and provide advanced-level technical support to them. You manage high-impact technical cases for your customers to ensure all break/fix issues are addressed quickly and appropriately. You work with Technical Support Engineers (TSEs) who typically own many of your customers' technical support cases to ensure timely status updates, customer communication, duplication, and root cause correction. You develop a relationship with key customer contacts and internal NICE CXone staff to enable efficient communication.
As a Global Designated Support Engineer (DSE), a Typical Day Might Include the Following:
DSE Client Responsibilities:
- Key responsibility is direct ownership for the resolution and troubleshooting of cases. This includes working cases yourself as well as partnering with other engineers that are assigned to cases for your assigned customer.
- Work closely with Technical Support Engineers (TSEs) who typically own many of our customers' technical support cases to ensure timely status updates, customer communication, duplication, and root cause correction.
- Technical liaison for assigned DSE customers.
- End-to-end case management to ensure all break/fix issues are addressed quickly and appropriately. DSEs also proactively review, evaluates, and make recommendations for case reduction.
- Familiarization with the customers’ technical environment through regular communication and sharing that detail with others to improve teamwork and success. This includes planning for and anticipating new enhancements or additional products added by the customer.
DSE Internal Stakeholder Responsibilities:
- Teamwork and build relationships with internal stakeholders (Technical Account Managers, Incident Managers, etc.) to develop and execute a seamless plan to ensure that the customer is successful.
- Organize and lead multi-participant customer calls, including critical and difficult escalations with senior executive involvement.
- Provides weekly, bi-weekly or monthly updates on customer’s technical support cases. Discuss the next steps and potential areas of improvement on how issues can be prevented in the future.
- Function as a subject matter expert (SME) in one or more areas of the product domains.
- Leads cross-functional collaboration to drive process improvement and customer enablement initiatives.
DSE Customer Engagement during Implementation Phase
- Provide proactive customer support for open cases during the implementation phase such as technical solutions consultations and process alignment.
- Act as a Technical SME for specific technical product support during the implementation phase.
To Land This Gig You'll Need
- Education in a technology-related field or equivalent experience.
- Preferably deep understanding of NICE CXone products from a technical/troubleshooting perspective
- Minimum 5 years of experience in customer-facing advanced technical support work, preferably in a tier 2/3 technical support role.
Account Management Experience
- Experience managing enterprise-level customers in a technical support environment.
- Demonstrates strong relationships with customers and stakeholders to resolve break/fix issues.
- Verbal and written communication is professional, assertive, articulate, and friendly while building confidence across all stakeholders you work with.
Desired Technical Skills
- Minimum of three years of experience administering, architecting, or supporting the following technical areas (all items are not required however, more is better):
- SaaS, Telecommunications, contact center software – managing calls in a call center experience.
- Telephony ACD (Automated Call Distribution) Administration, SIP (Session Initiation Protocol), Route Management., VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) Protocol.
- Computer Networking - Administering a Network, Experience with Wireshark or other packet capture technologies, and interpretation of data/network traffic.
- Scripting or Programming Experience Using APIs (Application Programming Interfaces)
- Proxies, firewalls, and VPN
- Chrome Development Tools
- Extensive industry experience including an understanding of the contact center business, as well as general market & business trends
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills while managing diverse and complex issues in high-pressure, complex, multi-platform/system/vendor environments.
- Proven ability to resolve escalated customer problems utilizing appropriate internal and external resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as part of a larger team.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all company teams such as Product Management, Research and Development, Quality Assurance, Professional Services, and Executive/Senior Management teams to resolve technical issues.
- May need to work flexible hours to meet customer needs and escalations.
- Generally, will work at designated shifts aligned with the customer.
- Role model of NICE CXone’s Support Core Values: Integrity, Passion, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Flexibility, and Accountability.
About NICE: With NICE, it’s never been easier for organizations of all sizes around the globe to create extraordinary customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. Featuring the world’s #1 cloud-native customer experience platform, CXone, we’re a worldwide leader in AI-powered contact center software. Over 25,000 organizations in more than 150 countries, including over 85 of the Fortune 100 companies, partner with NICE to transform—and elevate—every customer interaction.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.