Location: Salt Lake City, UTThe Commissions Analyst is responsible for the administration of the various internal and external commission programs. This includes the preparation of commission payments and statements, ensuring the accuracy of the calculations, reviewing contracts, and managing the commissions system. This position will prepare commissions journal entries, reconcile commissions general ledger accounts, and assist in the preparation of various reports for internal departments.
- Prepare routine and ad-hoc commissions statements, reports, and payments
- Prepare month-end journal entries and reconciliations
- Prepare ad-hoc reports
- Assist with special projects as necessary
- Prepare internal and external commissions payments and monthly or bi-weekly statements.
- Review commissions plans and agreements.
- Analyze effectiveness of compensation programs.
- Collaborate and communicate directly with Billing and Sales Departments.
- Prepare commissions accruals and other journal entries.
- Identify errors or misclassifications within the GL.
- Other financial or accounting duties as assigned.
- Communicate in an effective, discrete and professional way with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience required.
- 4+ years experience in accounting or finance
- Familiarity with concepts, practices and procedures regarding accruals, cash, month-end closing cycles, general ledger, financial accounting, Sarbanes Oxley
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter, well-organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of SQL and Microsoft Access
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.