Actimize Cloud AppOps Engineer
Application Operations Engineer
You will get to team up with highly talented and highly motivated engineers and architects, using the latest in AWS, working on cutting edge technology.
As a part of this team, you will be working in a fast-paced environment deploying, monitoring, automating & supporting a highly scalable real-time critical platform(s) impacting, millions of individuals & Billions of dollars.
• Designing and implementing infrastructure and systems (such as metrics, monitoring, node management, alerting, deployment, logging)
• Setup new environments & deploying solutions
• Building proactive Monitoring & alerting service.
• Automation using ansible, python, Perl scripting
• Setup & securing new instances (ex: EC2)
• Create documentation for environments.
• Create and setup deployment scripts for different environments (i.e. Test properties vs Prod properties)
• Configure and optimize instances and web servers for optimal performance. (ex: adjusting default connection limits, adjusting request queuing thresholds)
• AWS troubleshooting support
• Support, Architect and Implement alongside Technical & Operations teams to meet our customers' individual needs for their infrastructure & application deployments.
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that will span multiple AWS services (dealing daily with high severity incidents).
• Help build and improve customer operations through scripts to automate and deploy AWS resources seamlessly with as little manual intervention as possible.
• Collaborate and help build utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow AWS Engineers to operate safely at high speed / wide scale.
• Drive customer communication during critical events.
• Provide on-call off hour support and flexible to work in 24/7 shift environment
• Good experience in a DevOps environment / Operations team / Infrastructure Operations team.
• Excellent Troubleshooting skills
• OS level knowledge (Windows or Linux)
• Ability to identify the underlying root cause of performance issues & mitigate bottlenecks
• Good understanding of Networking protocols such as HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP
• Excellent hands-on experience in managing Application Support (3 tier/2 tier apps)
• Strong problem solving, analytical and communication skills
• Good communication both written and verbal
• AWS service knowledge for core services (EC2, S3, IAM, ASG, ELB, CFN, VPC, DX, VPN).
• Exposure to scripting language (Ansible, Perl, Python, Ruby, Shell script, Powershell etc)
• Database skills (SQL ,Oracle or Postgres / Casandra)
• Application Server (skills on any of Middleware technologies e.g. – Tomcat , WebLogic , WebSphere)
Additional Skills Desired:
• Cloud / Application level Security experience
• Has worked in an Agile / Sprint development model.
• Experience in working with tools like OpsGenie, AlertOps, Pagerduty/OpenDuty
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.