Location: Salt Lake City, USAt the core of our culture is a commitment to improving the business objectives of our Customers and the lives of our users that are serving the customers of our customers. The manager is integral to this operation and the efficiency and effectiveness of our department.
- Mentor and lead a team while also working on your own assigned project deliverables (lead and do your own pixel pushing)
- Drives one or more of our key products
- Ability to dive deep into Product Epics and identify UX Use Cases and Requirements
- Company-wide design leader across several key feature areas or for an entire product.
- Create world-class usability experiences for a very versatile set of Personas
- Communicate the business value of UX to stakeholders.
- Learn our User Personas and Jobs to Be Done to understand our customers who purchase and utilize our designs
- Run defined objective meetings with desired outcomes, goals, timelines, deadlines, assigned action items.
- Imagine and strategize creative ways we can improve the work lives of our customers and users
- Partner closely with your fellow designers to create coherent, seamless, and emotionally resonant, state-of-the-art user experiences
- Identify dependencies and impacts across a Global delivery team within the complex hierarchy of the NICE CXone Suite of products
- Lead a team of 3-6 designers and/or researchers
- Identify and hire new UX talent when expanded coverage is needed.
- Mentor and inspire designers
- Contribute to UX processes that support product excellence while moving and shipping quickly.
- Guide designers as they create and validate solutions to real customer problems.
- Bolster and maintain the teams morale and cohesion through team workshops
- Run Ideation meetings, Affinity Sorts, Brainstorms, and whiteboard sessions
- Cross Functional department Collaborations:
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional product leadership team members to help inform future roadmaps and turn vision into reality.
- Partner with product management to assist in writing requirements and defining world class UX products
- Coordinate and create actionable release plans with cross-functional UX team members
- Collaborate closely with a variety of disciplines, including product management, engineering, design technology, UX research, content strategy, marketing, and product/data science.
- Collaborate with neighboring product teams to identify and build on touch points that support users across partnerships and integration experiences.
- Engineering to take your mock-ups and prototypes and turn them into reality.
- Partner closely with your team in user research to get the right customer feedback on your designs.
- Put yourself in our users shoes, empathize and create real world use cases that have meaningful impacts on people.
- Know how and when to employ quantitative and qualitative methods to uncover the right user patterns, behaviors, and insights needed to drive the strategic design.
- Translate Research findings into recommendations for improving the usability of complex applications for our enterprise Customers.
- Contribute to the Research output repository and best practices for maintaining the repository
- Lead and train your design team in creating research plans with clearly defined learning objectives.
- Alongside research, keep the voice of the customer at the forefront with a regular cadence of qualitative studies.
- 6+ years real world working experience in an Enterprise level SaaS Organization with more that 20+ complex products and multiple usability personas and their use cases that serves the Fortune 500 customer base.
- 4+ years of work experience in shipping digital product experiences (case studies of your team's work desired)
- 4+ years of managing UX teams (remote experience preferred)
- A 4 year University degree in User Experience
- Experience with mentoring and growing a high-performance team with diverse skillsets.
- Competence in building collaborative relationships and aligning leadership stakeholders.
- Collaborate with partner disciplines including Research, Product, Engineering, Marketing, Client Support, and Sales.
- Experience with design thinking frameworks, as well as both generative and evaluative UX research.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must live in Salt Lake City Utah
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.