Cloud Operations group is a SaaS solution provider for a premier list of CxOne Moxie’s Customer. Provides hosting services for a global customer base with key data centers in North America, and Amazon Cloud.
We are seeking a Systems Administrator to join our release team focused on installations, upgrades, and automation activities.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- 4+ Years of Experience in Windows Server Administration
- 2 to 4 Years of Experience in AWS Services in Public Cloud Infrastructure preferred.
- Working with offshore resources responsible for covering 24x7 support
- Installing new customer implementations and working with services to bring new customers online.
- Performing customer upgrades.
- Performing environment monitoring and tuning.
- Working with engineering on release management and testing within a SaaS environment.
- Performing operating system upgrades and patches.
- Monitoring operations of central computing resources for performance optimization.
- Diagnosing, as appropriate, complex systems issues with multiple influencing factors. May interact with vendors to resolve problems.
- Knowledge and experience with IIS and Application support.
- Experience on System Management, performance and capacity management, Incident, event and Problems Management.
- Providing mentoring to junior members on the team.
- Good understanding and tuning the operating systems on virtual machines / EC2 for optimum performance.
- Reviewing existing processes and recommending changes or instituting new processes as necessary, including the areas of monitoring, upgrades, and tuning.
Technical Skills Required:
- Experience in system and application administration in a SaaS environment.
- Expertise in 2008/2012/2019/2022 Servers and services like Active Directory/DNS.
- Expertise in MS SQL Server, including SQL Server operations, configuration and tuning, backup and recovery, transaction log management, cluster configuration, maintenance, performance tuning, indexes, and SQL query optimization.
- Excellent Troubleshooting and Debugging skills for the Microsoft Platform (including IIS & SQL Server) & applications built on the Microsoft stack.
- Excellent knowledge of VMWare and AWS.
- Strong technical knowledge of mail servers and associated protocols: Pop3/iMap/SMTP.
- Knowledge of Networking and Hardware Standards, including TCP/IP, firewalls, routers, V-LANs, NAS, SANS, DNS, Communications, Sockets, Active Directory, and load balancers
- Knowledge of Security concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Functional and Technical knowledge
- Strong Customer focus
- Organized and methodical
- Quick learner & adaptable to change
- Ability to assume independent assignments
- Excellent cross-organizational skills and ability to work across teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a high-level environment.