Public Safety Project Manager Job Description
- Manage multiple, parallel projects through solution delivery using formal project planning and budget management techniques. Approx 100 projects per year.
- Client consulting and relationship management experience.
- Project budget management.
- Ability to use formal project planning/management applications, GANTT and PERT chart functions, write/manage timelines, and understand the critical path of a project.
- Plan, estimate, and organize overall implementation of NICE products including equipment delivery, site readiness, managing resources for the project, installation, revenue forecasting and training.
- Ensure project documentation including Pre-site survey, Statement of Work (SOW), Project Plan, Installation Test Plan (ITP), Site Docs, and project hand-off is completed by all parties.
- Provide daily direction, motivation, and support to project team.
- Coordinate with and be responsible for working with the Solution teams on implementing solutions that require customizations and added value services.
- Discuss technical aspects of solution with the customer, the Solution Architect and the Services Engineer.
- Plan for project contingencies and anticipate variations that may affect resources, successful implementation, and revenue recognition.
- Manage applications through the various lifecycle stages from the sale through design and delivery.
- Identify and categorize acceptable levels of risk and potential impact of risk factors.
- Serve as the communication link between the client and NICE throughout the entire project.
- Responsible for escalation management.
- Facilitate managing the customer relationship pre and post project for system questions, product questions, sales order inquires, etc.
- Act as liaison with other departments.
- Approx. 25% or less travel
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with a high degree of success. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of telephony/CTI environments and various client and server computer platforms. Successful candidate will be required to achieve certification in NICE solution installations for Public Safety customers.
- Intimate knowledge of NICE and industry project methodology.
- SaaS and Cloud systems experience.
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills and be capable of providing written and oral feedback in a timely manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Process-oriented and able to meet rigorous documentation requirements.
- Able to partner and align with clients delivering added value in every touch point of the relationship.
- Able to develop, drive, and contribute to a high-performance team.
- Manages client relationships and individual engagements with a strong focus on excellence.
- High level of accountability at the individual level; service and support that exceeds client needs.
- Provides recognition of employee contributions to drive individual and team performance.
- Is self-motivated to strive for professional excellence in all aspects of work.
- BS/BA degree with relevant experience in Project Management, Consulting, Computer Science, Information Systems, Call Center Systems/Operations or other applicable technical field.
- Project Management certification (PMI).
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in project planning/management for Telephony/CTI, call center or other relevant technical environment.
- Recent experience with server-based applications/ application software installations in VM and Cloud based environments.
- Knowledge of NICE Products and Solutions, Including Inform highly desirable.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.