Director of Engineering
NICE Ltd. (NASDAQ: NICE) software products are used by 25,000+ global businesses, including 85 of the 100 largest corporations in the world, to deliver extraordinary customer experiences, fight financial crime and ensure public safety. Every day, NICE software manages more than 120 million customer interactions and monitors 3+ billion financial transactions. Innovation efforts in cloud-native open platforms, artificial intelligence and analytics is driving rapid growth of our software products with reported revenues of USD 1.7 billion in FY 2020.
NICE India GTC is a strategic R&D and Operations center of NICE, employing 1600 out of a global employee base of 7000.
NICE WCX is the world’s cloud contact center software leader perfecting customer & workforce experience on a single platform. NICE WCX line of products are best in class on Gartner Magic Quadrant across different segments from Workforce Management to Robotic Process Automation to Customer Loyalty Solutions.
If you would like to work on the latest technology stack and are excited about building cloud native, highly distributed and enterprise scale products, then this is the place for you. Come work with the brightest minds.
This position will lead multiple R&D teams that are developing a portfolio of enterprise grade and cloud scale products.
We are looking for someone who is an established R&D leader, passionate about building and operating cloud native and highly distributed products that are used by millions of users in a SaaS business model, has a deep understanding of agile development methods and can lead a team of highly qualified software engineers.
- Work with the line of business to define the product roadmap and strategy.
- Assist in the development of short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives.
- Work closely with the product manager, technical architect, QA engineers, technical writer, and software engineers to define/develop features big and small for our products.
- Actively guide and mentor the team to develop features to meet functional, documentation and quality while obviating roadblocks.
- Drive and impact all current processes related to software development and improvements across the org as necessary.
- Manage all people aspects of the team, such as hiring, reviews, mentoring, promotions, etc.
- Provide worldwide support to our customers.
- Play major role in envisioning and execution of next gen plans (e.g. architecture) to achieve longer term strategic objectives of the organization.
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the R&D departments goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation based on workload.
- Design and present projects to improve current process and overall platform.
- 18+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
- At least 5 years' experience in managing multiple teams of software developers including first-line Managers , Architects and Product Managers.
- Proven track record of managing the development of enterprise-grade software products that can perform, scale, and integrate into a broad enterprise ecosystem.
- Experience developing and supporting multi-tenant cloud-native software delivered as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Good exposure to Service Oriented Architecture and associated design patterns for development, deployment, and maintenance.
- Familiar with DevOps processes and tools employed in SaaS architectures to support CI/CD and monitoring.
- Familiar with Quality targets and SLAs for SaaS applications.
- Experience of product development using Java technologies and frameworks like Spring.
- Familiarity and/or experience with public cloud infrastructures and technologies such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience working in a global product software company for enterprise customers (Fortune 100 companies).
- Experience working abroad or with global teams is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to deftly influence others, especially in sensitive or complex situations.
- Deep experience with agile software development techniques and pitfalls.
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- B.E/B.Tech in computer science
- M.E/ M.Tech/MBA optional
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.