Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
The Technical Support Engineer provides technical assistance to our customers' technical support and IT staff who support our suite of contact center software solutions. Our solutions utilize complex technologies, and the associated issues require deep technical knowledge and excellent problem-solving skills to resolve.
You will provide professional business-to-business customer service, with awareness of the critical nature of these solutions to our customers who are using them. Using best practices in troubleshooting, communication, and problem resolution, you will ensure that any reported issues as well as issues that you anticipate are resolved in an efficient and effective manner. These interactions must leave customers feeling impressed with how we handle things when they encounter issues with our products. You will work closely with other technical support engineers and with colleagues across the company to collaborate on behalf of the customer and will accelerate issues toward timely resolution and provide the customer with timely and complete communication along the way.
Any issue with our software that impairs the operation of a customer's contact center has significant financial ramifications for them. Our ability to restore service, improve their understanding, and resolve chronic issues will greatly increase the value they receive from our solutions and will reduce financial risk when they experience problems.
- Develop subject matter expertise in our core technologies, and at least one other technology specialty
- Provide technical support to customers via phone, online, chat, and email and use tools to pull and effectively analyze logs, traces, packet captures, etc. to determine root cause of issues
- Demonstrate professional, assertive, articulate, and friendly verbal and written communication in all aspects of your work while building confidence across all customers and stakeholders
- Ensure that each case that you own is progressing according to the response and resolution targets as specified in our Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Provide root cause correction, not just symptom relief. Ensure that all facets of the problem are evaluated to eliminate recurrence of the issue
- Proactively manage personally assigned and cases from the queue based upon severity and priority of each issue and your skills and ability to resolve.
- Open and monitor incidents created with 3rd party providers
- Create useful knowledge content and update existing knowledgebase articles using Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) methodology
- Identify, document, and report issues with software, design, reliability, and maintenance issues to the proper teams, ensuring that they are aware of and are addressing customer expectations
- Develop and maintain consistent performance on all key performance indicators
- While a consistent work schedule is the norm, the ability to work a flexible schedule and provide on-call services is needed from time to time
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and you will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor and other management as required.
We may revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related Skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Networking or similar field, or equivalent work experience required
- 3+ years work experience in a technical customer service role, preferably in a technical support capacity
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills for diverse and complex issues in high-pressure, complex, SaaS multi-platform/system/vendor environments
- Excellent professional, written and verbal communications skills with the ability to capture all details in written form during conversations. Communication is assertive, articulate, and friendly while building confidence across all stakeholders you work with
- Time management skills that allow you to work in a highly influential manner in an interrupt-driven environment. Ability to multi-task and maintain professional composure during stressful situations, prioritizing your activities appropriately
- Proven ability to utilize, create and update knowledgebase resources in the course of your work
- Industry experience including understanding of the contact center business, as well as general market and business trends
- Understanding of networking technologies and telecommunications architecture (PBX, Carriers, VoIP)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as part of a larger team
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, agile environment with assertiveness, critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to change, think on your feet, communicate positively and work proactively
- Ability to troubleshoot VoIP, telephony/telecom technologies, DS3, Ethernet, OC-X, 1+ and toll-free services
- Experience in a technical support role in software or telecommunications environment.
- Workforce Management software and/or outbound dialer experience
- Web Services and API knowledge and understanding of conceptual use
- Competent in database and SQL concepts
- Management and leadership experience in a technology company
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.