Director Of Engineering
NICE Systems Job Description
Position Title: Director of Engineering
Division: Compliance Line of Business
Location: Pune, India
At NICE, we protect people’s money, ensure their safety and improve their experiences. Many of the world’s leading companies and organizations are expected to manage these three critical elements of modern living. To do so, they are tapping into the power of data, which has become ubiquitous in both business and life. These organizations turn to NICE to operationalize this data to improve business performance, increase operational efficiency, prevent financial crime, ensure compliance, and enhance safety and security.
Since 1986, NICE has been the recognized leader in these fields, providing solutions that turn both structured and unstructured data into valuable and actionable information. Our success started by capturing interactions and our expertise has evolved into applying analytics to these interactions. Combined with our years of cultivating domain expertise in partnership with our customers, we can help our customers not only understand what’s happening in real-time, they can predict what will be.
NICE has over 6,000 employees and a presence in more than 150 countries. Our team is proud of its many achievements. NICE is regularly recognized for innovation and the value it provides to more than 25,000 customers, including more than 85 of the Fortune 100. When it comes to turning information overload into practical business value, no one else comes close to NICE.
Our Compliance Line of Business (LoB) is seeking an Engineering Director. This role is responsible for the software development of our suite of trade, communications, suitability, and conduct surveillance solutions for the financial services and banking industry.
We are looking for a strong experienced team leader – Director of Engineering to lead one of our teams at Pune. The Director of Engineering plans and directs all aspects of engineering activities within the organization and manages a team of managers, engineers, quality analysts, and program managers. This leader will also work with colleagues in the SURVEIL-X R&D team in Israel, and ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with the organization's established policies and objectives.
This position will hire, lead and manage a group of software engineers that designs, develops, releases, maintains, troubleshoots, and debugs software applications for the Compliance line of business. This position will provide leadership through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Work with the line of business to define the product roadmap and strategy
- Assist in the development of short, medium, and long-term plans to achieve strategic objectives
- Work closely with the product manager, technical architect, QA engineers, writer, and software engineers to define/develop features big and small for our products.
- Actively guide and mentor the team to develop features to meet functional, documentation, and quality while obviating roadblocks
- Drive and impact all current processes related to software development and improvements across the org as necessary
- Manage all people aspects of the team, such as hiring, reviews, mentoring, promotions, etc.
- Provide worldwide support to our customers
- Play a major role in envisioning and executing next-gen plans (e.g. architecture) to achieve longer-term strategic objectives of the organization
- Prioritize, assign and manage departments’ activities and projects following the R&D department’s goals and objectives. Adjust hours of work, priorities, and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation based on workload.
- Design and present projects to improve the current process and overall platform.
- Attend meetings and training as required.
- Coaching the echo system for agility, adapting plans and execution based on reality, and engaging all the involved.
- Develop a performance-oriented culture
- Promote innovation
- 20+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
- At least 8 years of experience in managing multiple teams of software developers
- Proven track record of managing the development of enterprise-grade software products that can perform, scale, and integrate into a broad enterprise ecosystem.
- Experience working in a global product software company for enterprise customers (Fortune 100 companies)
- Experience working abroad
- Demonstrated ability to deftly influence others, especially in sensitive or complex situations
- Solid understanding of n-tier architectures
- Experience in product development using Java technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience developing and supporting hosted and/or multi-tenant software delivered as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Excellent communication skills, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Deep experience with Agile/SCRUM/SAFe software development methodologies.
- Finance/Compliance Domain expertise – An Advantage.
- Excellent People Management skills
B.E/B.Tech in computer science, Computer Engineering, or related field
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.