About the Role:
You will be reporting to the Director of DevOps Engineering and Cloud Architecture. The successful candidate will need to be self-sufficient, demonstrate independent leadership, and collaborate effectively with multiple teams, such as R&D, support, and operations. You will have a wide array of responsibilities, ranging from automation of server and application deployments, site reliability, capacity planning, critical escalations, and monitoring. NICE has a wide product portfolio. Each of the products presents its own unique challenges and will require a creative thinker to come up with solutions that are scalable and performant.
- Automate server and application deployments using an architecture that is extensible to both private and public clouds and can be leveraged across multiple data centres.
- Provide web interfaces to internal users to access monitoring information, provision systems, etc.
- Help us move towards a software defined infrastructure model where all components, including networking and load balancing, are software defined and automated.
- Monitor and tune system stability, capacity and performance using a variety of OpenSource and commercial tools
- Collaborate with other teams on complex troubleshooting issues
- Minimum of 3-5 years of programming experience on Linux (Windows a plus) on major software on projects in one of the following languages: Perl, Java, Ruby, and Python. Strong shell scripting experience in Linux and Powershell in Windows. Experience in consuming and authoring RESTApis. Programming tasks will involve both Web based UI as well as infrastructure provisioning and database work. Must be self-starter and be able learn new technologies quickly. Must be familiar with modern software development paradigms and the use of Integrated Development Environments.
- Extensive experience managing AWS environment through via API.
- Experience with Puppet or similar configuration management system a plus.
- Extensive experience with automating system administration and configuration tasks
- Experience with monitoring systems and monitoring concepts. Knowledge of Nagios, or AppDynamics a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a geographically distributed team
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.