Cloud and Application Support Engineer
Job Title: Cloud & Application Support Engineer
Location: Denver and Atlanta
NICE is looking for a Cloud & Application Support Engineer to be part of our Operation team which own the technical aspects of NICE’s Customer Journey Solutions (CJS) deployment and support. The engineer will responsible on a day-day job on deployment on AWS (Amazon Web Service), Application support and configuration, supporting production, POCs and internal environments.
In this role, you’ll deploy and operate CJS environments, monitoring, troubleshooting, resolve issues and support day to day activities in our test, POCs and production environments.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Proven experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- knowledge in Linux
- Problem solver, able to remove roadblocks
- Ability to work under high pressure, with flexible hours
- A highly motivated self-starter, comfortable working in a virtual, globally-distributed team
- High attention to details and accuracy
Valuable Technical Skills
- Knowledge installing, managing and supporting Red Hat Linux, Java-based applications, Apache web servers and Tomcat
- Networking knowledge - advantage
- Knowledge of Shell/Bash and additional scripting languages (Python, Perl or equivalent.)
- Storage experience - advantage
- Any experience with Hadoop (Hbase), Vertica, Cognos, etc – advantage
- Java development skills – advantage
- Knowledge of SQL - advantage
NICE Systems is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.