Big Data & Spark Engineer
We are looking for a talented Senior Big Data Software Engineer to join our Cloud Analytics team! You will be taking part in developing a complex AWS based architecture for large Organizations.
The applications we develop are part of NICE CXone offering, our cloud solutions suite which deployed in multiple regions across the world and serves hundreds of customers.
- Collaborate and lead the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features with engineering best practices
- Collect and process raw data at scale.
- Design and develop data applications using selected tools and frameworks as required.
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis.
- Analyze processed data.
- Monitoring data performance and modifying infrastructure as needed.
- Define data retention policies.
- Be agile, adapt quickly to the fast pacing environment the group is working in, while not losing view of the big picture
- BSc in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent
- At least 4 years of experience with Java design and programming
- At least 2 years of recent experience in data engineering
- Experience with Apache Spark – a must
- Experience with Scala – advantage
- Willingness to learn new programming languages to meet goals and objectives.
- Experience with AWS managed services and architecture - advantage
- Strong design and coding skills
- Work collaboratively with professional developers, architects, and product managers
- Motivated developer with a proactive approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- High attention to details and accuracy
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies – an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.