Senior Application Services Engineer(SQL Developer)
The Technology Solutions Engineer is a multi-faceted professional who work with the Solution Architect in deploying Nexidia’ s large-scale customer interaction analytics solutions. The Solutions Engineer roles involves knowledge and communication across several teams including software engineering, IT & Security, deployment services, business services and product management. The Solutions Engineer works closely with Project Management and Solution Architect providing technical consultation and is responsible for the technical delivery of speech-based analytics to new and existing Nexidia.
- Closely work with the Solutions Architect to understand the deployment systems and client’s recording system details through requirements gathering, analysis and direct contact with business units and/or customer. Solutions Engineer then transforms this into project specific implementation plan
- Act as an infrastructure liaison for network engineers, system administrators and infrastructure technicians where required.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, for various projects.
- Automation for SA teams by creating scripts to reduce manual efforts and avoid mistakes
- Automation and health check scripts for DE team
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of technical documentation in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
- Assists in the development and management of detailed project plans including assessing technical risks and required resources, monitors progress and provides regular project status to appropriate management teams
- Ensures all activities as a result of collaboration with business units, partners, clients and vendors to gauge, architect, is assessed and worked on with the Solutions Architect to ensure correctness with implementation
- Specifies best practices and standards to be used in deployments including quality assurance procedures.
- Acts as technical consultant to Project Managers, team of Solution Engineers and business Subject Matter Experts.
- Works with vendors and colleagues to develop and implement solutions to specific problems or to meet specific objectives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to solve complex problems involving numerous, disconnected, variables.
- Strong and proven ability to develop SQL queries, functions, and stored procedures.
- Strong understanding of performance with regards to query development, indexes, execution plans
- Well versed in Information Technology best practices and industry standards including documenting system designs and deployment plans.
- Broad understanding of multiple technologies and their integrated interactions inclusive of Windows server (IIS, Windows security, optimization, and troubleshooting), Security and encryption fundamentals (SSL/TLS, SSH, PGP), Web technologies (ASP.NET, XML, XSLT).
- Good networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VPN, routing, QoS) with ability to perform network, server and database troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose problems relating to systems and applications.
- Self-directed with the ability to work on fast-paced complex projects with tight deadlines.
- Ability to articulate complex technical topics clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences with excellent customer facing skills.
- Ability to prioritize with efficient time management skills to effectively produce consistent, timely results in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams demonstrating strong leadership, negotiation, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Common-sense out-of-the-box thinker and doer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree/Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience, or combination
- 3-5 years of experience deploying, and supporting enterprise software applications
- In-depth knowledge of various operating systems (MS, Linux), networking, performance analysis, and database scalability
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.