Cloud Server Engineer
- Demonstrated ability to install and deploy Red Hat Linux, Debian, and other UNIX version servers and supported application software needed to support server capacity, performance, or product functionality requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to install and deploy Microsoft Windows servers and supported application software needed to support server capacity, performance, or product functionality requirements.
- Experience implementing and supporting a production multi-tenant architecture
- Experience providing 24x7 support to production Software as a Service infrastructure, including understanding of on-call responsibilities and procedures.
- 4+ years of experience installing, managing, and supporting Red Hat Linux and Windows OS software and servers.
- Experience installing, managing, and supporting production Java-based applications, Apache web servers, and Tomcat application software running on Linux or Windows.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, review, test, and execute scripts to perform Linux and Windows server administrative tasks as assigned.
- Ability to act as part of NICE Global Hosting Operations team, continuously sharing information and assisting on tasks with other team members.
- Ability to provide excellent and ongoing support to other NICE business teams as needed to solve customer and product issues in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to deal directly with external customers in a friendly, supportive manner to troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues regarding NICE hosted performance, security, availability, and reliability.
- Four-year degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5 + years experience providing 24x7 support to production enterprise infrastructures, including understanding of on-call responsibilities and procedures.
- Experience maintaining and operating 24x7 Cloud / Software as a Service infrastructure delivering web-based applications.
- Proven experience with the design and testing of production Linux and Windows server hardware and software infrastructure, including NIS, mail, monitoring, DNS, web servers, and other support systems.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a global, diverse, multicultural environment.
- Abililty to work in typical office environment, using standard office computer equipment.
- Ability to work in data center environment, standing for extended periods of time while performing maintenance duties on computer equipment.
- Position may be required to work at a computer terminal and desk for long periods of time on projects.
- Ability to lift, move, and install computer equipment weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Will be required to travel between main offices, co-location facilities, and other NICE worldwide locations.
- Ability to work late evenings and weekends as required, often as part of regular on-call rotation schedule.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.