Senior QA Engineer
Position Title: Senior QA Engineer, NTR-X
Division: Compliance Line of Business
Location: Pune, India
About the company
NICE Ltd. (NASDAQ: NICE) software products are used by 25,000+ global businesses, including 85 of the 100 largest corporations in the world, to deliver extraordinary customer experiences, fight financial crime and ensure public safety. Every day, NICE software manages more than 120 million customer interactions and monitors 3+ billion financial transactions. Innovation efforts in cloud-native open platforms, artificial intelligence and analytics is driving rapid growth of our software products with reported revenues of USD 1.7 billion in FY 2020.
NICE India GTC is a strategic R&D and Operations center of NICE, employing >1900 out of a global employee base of 7000.
The Compliance group at NICE makes leading software products that are used by financial services organizations across the world to comply with financial market regulations. We are building SURVEIL-X™ - the first AI powered holistic surveillance cloud platform that analyzes and correlates all trade related data and provides comprehensive surveillance coverage for all regulatory needs.
You will be part of a cross-functional Scrum team that develops and supports specific components of our end product. You will be working hand in hand with the other R&D people. You will be involved in new feature development; provide input to POs and developers on the correct behavior of the system. You own the quality of the product, taking full responsibility for all functional – but also non-functional – aspects, like performance, stability, security, and maintainability.
- Design, implement and execute software test cases for Web-based applications.
- Diagnose, and find bugs, defects, and regressions.
- Validate and document completion of software testing.
- Report, track, and collaboration with other groups to resolve software quality issues.
- Work on both Unit and functional tests
- Mentor Junior QA engineer and developer on how to do testing
- Design, implement and execute stress, performance, load, and stability testing.
- Define test automation criteria and lead the test automation effort in the team
Qualification – Essential
- E./B. Tech or M.E./M.Tech in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering OR equivalent
- A minimum of 5+ years in a software QA position and a fundamental understanding of Quality Assurance processesGood / practical English communication skills, both written and spoken, and the ability for direct and forward communication
- Hand-on experience with the design and execution of test plans and test cases for complex server applications
- Hands-on Test Management tools like TestLink, and X-Ray.
- An inherent interest in software development and an internal drive to guard the quality of our releases
- Knowledge of Agile Scrum and other Agile methodologies such as Kanban
- All our systems are virtual, so you know how to administer test environments / Windows administration and work on the command line/shell
- We implement a solution using microservices, so using Postman and the like is also a plus.
- Experienced working with Databases, writing SQL queries for data validation.
- You have experience in both functional and non-functional testing, mainly performance testing.
- The less we do manually, the better: You have experience in test automation on both back-end and front-end, preferably using C# ASP.Net stack
Qualification - Desirable
- Experience in testing web-based applications.
- Experience with HTTP requests.
- Experience in working with Telecommunication and Unified Communication systems
- Familiarity with Cloud platform, ideally Azure
- Experience with Risk-Based Testing
- Experience with Continuous Delivery
- Experience with C#
- Bonus points for being ISTQB or ISEB or TMap certified
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.