Java Software Engineer
Software Engineer – Workforce Management
About the company
NICE is a multinational software company with more than 7,000 employees worldwide that provides software solutions that includes the core technologies organizations need to deliver better customer experiences through more effective, engaged employees.
Since 1986, NICE has been the recognized leader in this field, providing solutions which turn both structured and unstructured data into valuable and actionable information. Our success started by capturing interactions and our expertise has evolved into applying analytics on these interactions. Combined with our years of cultivating domain expertise in partnership with our customers, we can help our customers not only understand what’s happening in real time, they can predict what will be.
NICE is regularly recognized for innovation and the value it provides to more than 25,000 customers, including more than 85 of the Fortune 100. When it comes to turning information overload into practical business value, no one else comes close to NICE.
About the product
The product you’ll be working on is a Workforce Management (WFM) solution which is part of the NICE Workforce Optimization suite to help the contact center schedule their agents and improve their Customer Services. The solution provides the ability for the organization to forecast the work volume, schedule the shifts of the agents, manage their time off requests and all the lifecycle of their work schedule. It is recognized as the market leader for the last 12 years.
Nice is currently seeking a dynamic individual with high energy and drive to join Work Force Management (WFM) software development team as Software Engineer. This engineer will primarily focus on the development of server- side component design, development, testing and implementation. Experience with client side development is a plus.
- Design and develop quality, proficient and well documented technical solutions that satisfy business requirements and meets corporate architectural standards
- Develop solid unit, integration and automation tests according to organizational standards
- Assist in troubleshooting and maintenance of existing software applications; identify and implement additional improvements when warranted; work with external stakeholders as needed
- Develop technical models / design for assigned components
- Contribute to and drive technological and architectural decisions
- Participate in reviewing design and code for other team members
- Adhere to agile development principles while following and improving all aspects of the SCRUM process
- Function as a subject matter expert in multiple product components
Experience / Requirements
- Minimum 3 years of web application development experience
- Expertise in server side development using Hibernate, Spring, Web Services (REST) in Java including server side testing using JUnit, Mockito/Easymock
- Demonstrated experience with multi-tier web application development
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development
- Experience with JBoss or Tomcat
- Prior experience with MAVEN and Jenkins a plus
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical and problem solving abilities
- Desire to work in a team oriented, collaborative environment
- Detail oriented with excellent organization skills
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related subject
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.