First Line Support Engineer(WFM)
The Application Support Consultant’s role is to deliver technical support to end users about how to use and administer the NICE Service and Sales Performance Management, Contact Analytics and/or WFM software solutions efficiently and effectively in fulfilling business objectives. The Application Support Consultant/T2 is also responsible for the health and well-being of our customers’ hosted solutions.
- Field incoming problems from end users to resolve application issues in accordance with end user contractual SLA’s.
- Investigate and resolve customers’ issues through the use of product knowledge, excellent troubleshooting skills and involvement from Services and Engineering/R&D expert resources.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyse trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Prioritise, schedule, and administer all Updates, Upgrades and Major software releases in accordance with the Company Release Policy and contractual terms governing release policy with the customer.
- Perform hands-on fixes on applications, including installing and upgrading software, database exports, and configuring the systems and applications.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved using standard testing methodologies.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the Company.
- Administer support/system maintenance activities in accordance with instructions provided by the Customer Support Team Leader and Management.
- Assist and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- May need to participate in the weekend/On Call support coverage
- BSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree preferred.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written, mathematical, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to present ideas in a business and user-friendly language.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of Company and Customer hierarchies.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
Technical Requirements (As many from the below)
- Strong knowledge of Linux, Shell scripting, SQL, PL/SQL scripting for the analysis and resolution of customer issues.
- Experience with building and maintaining databases for query and problem tracking.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting industry standard database platforms within the IT industry i.e. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2.
- Experience of supporting Web based applications.
- Working knowledge of administrating UNIX, Linux or Windows servers.
- Working knowledge of Relational Database principles and methodologies.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications.
- Extensive product knowledge/or ability to develop trough training and knowledge transfer (Training will be provided).
- Good understanding of the NICE goals and objectives.
- Good understanding or NICE solutions
- Working knowledge of software development principles would be advantageous
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.