Cloud Services Leader– Public Safety
Cloud Services Leader– Public Safety and Justice Product Team
Location: This is a remote working role.
At NICE, we protect people’s money, ensure their safety and improve their experiences. Many of the world’s leading companies and organizations are expected to manage these three critical elements of modern living. To do so, they are tapping into the power of data, which has become ubiquitous in both business and life. These organizations turn to NICE to operationalize this data to improve business performance, increase operational efficiency, prevent financial crime, ensure compliance, and enhance safety and security.
Since 1986, NICE has been the recognized leader in these fields, providing solutions which turn both structured and unstructured data into valuable and actionable information. Our success started by capturing interactions and our expertise has evolved into applying analytics on these interactions. Combined with our years of cultivating domain expertise in partnership with our customers, we can help our customers not only understand what’s happening in real time, they can predict what will be.
NICE has over 8,000 employees and a presence in more than 150 countries. Our team is proud of their many achievements. NICE is regularly recognized for innovation and the value it provides to more than 25,000 customers, including more than 85 of the Fortune 100 and almost every major North American city. When it comes to turning information overload into practical business value, no one else comes close to NICE.
A fast growing business within NICE is the NICE Public Safety and Justice Line of Business, which develops state of the art solutions that integrate and put into context information from many sources to help Public Safety and Justice departments investigate crime and ensure justice. This business provides industry leading cloud solutions for the Criminal Justice market for the acquisition, management and analysis of digital evidence.
Due to increasing demand for our SaaS solutions the Cloud Operations is expanding its ability to deliver and maintain customer systems, by creating new regional focus for our expansion in North America.
We are looking for a strong experienced services leader based in USA to head our expansion of cloud services. The leadership role plans and directs all aspects of cloud services and manages a team which include Customer Success, Implementation and Support. This leader will be part of a global Public Safety team working with colleagues in our UK R&D Center and around the globe. They will ensure all implementation projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with organization's established policies and objectives.
The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes. The ideal candidate must be competent and able to plan many kinds of operational activities. He/she must be an excellent leader who can discover the most efficient ways to run the business. The focus is to reduce customer onboarding time, ensure active customer satisfaction, and drive efficiencies as we scale up.
A successful candidate will have the opportunity to become a key player in this rapidly growing business area.
- Onboarding our new customers quickly, and ensuring customers are active, engaged users who act as advocates for NICE.
- Liaise with executive management to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Develop and lead a performance-oriented culture
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that the operation runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Ensure our cloud services are secure through continuous monitoring, vulnerability management, and logging as part of ISO 27001 certification, SOC II audits and CJIS Controls.
Knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or relevant field: MSc/MA will be a plus. Computer Engineering or related field preferred. However, relevant demonstrable professional experience will also be considered.
Must have experience of
- At least 10 years of experience in Services leadership roles of high tech industry
- Experience operating and supporting hosted and/or multi-tenant software delivered as-a-Service (SaaS).
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud - An Advantage
- Exceptional Customer facing skills
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Knowledge of industry’s legal rules and guidelines
- Knowledge of data analysis and performance / operation metricsnaging Implementation of integrated solutions which include database technologies
- Technical Program or Project Management or Customer Success experience.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills to successfully engage with customers and colleagues. This role will require the creation of content such as whitepapers, presentations, project plans and other written deliverables.
- Track record of ramping up quickly in an evolving and challenging role.
- Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of complexity.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment.
- Presentation skills; high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Deliver the governance and framework developed for Cloud migrations
- Drive the Cloud onboarding process and assist the business in prioritizing deployments
- Drive visibility into the communication channel from engineers to executives
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and drive teams on task delivery
- Lead initiatives for setting up cloud architecture & technology strategies, standards, governance and best practices for the whole organization.
- Architect & Design solutions for cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure) which are optimal, secure, efficient, scalable, resilient and reliable, and at the same time. are compliant with EY cloud standards and policies.
Skills and attributes for success
- Deep understanding of cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options
- Expert in defining, designing and developing distributed and scalable products and services
- Expertise in DevOps, Containers, CI/CD and related tools
- Experience in handling development /Technical teams
- Experience with Consulting or Service based industry is highly preferred.
- Experience of implementing various cloud solutions
To qualify for the role you must have
- A strong team player, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills – able to effectively manage and influence all levels of management
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a high pace, agile environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, managing multiple priorities effectively
- Solid analytical capabilities
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.