- Manage the Americas accounting function, including Revenue Recognition, Accounts Payable, Cash, Accruals, Taxes, Audit, General Ledger, Inter-Company etc.
- Analyze the scope and general nature of the Company’s requirements for accounting control and reports and formulate program and procedure recommendations.
- Ensure the timely preparation and interpretation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate and manage audits of the company’s consolidated financial statements.
- Coordinate with auditors on preparation of annual federal, state and local tax returns.
- coordinate the preparation of various sales and tax filings.
- Responsible for managing the day to day functions of the Accounting department and its staff. This position is hands-on.
- Manage daily cash position to ensure all accounts are adequately funded
- Review and improve processes to ensure compliance and effective internal controls
- Special projects (financial/operational) as requested by the VP finance. Assist as required with transactions including mergers, acquisitions, or reorganizations.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must have at least 5 years of relevant experience as a controller in global public company.
- Big-4 experience.
- Must have management skills and experience directing a diverse financial department with very experienced staff.
- Must have vast and proven experience with revenue recognition, taxes and payroll.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley Act, and PCAOB Rules
- Must have excellent understanding of Excel and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with Workday, Oracle and Business Objects is a plus.
- Results driven and service oriented to internal and external customer
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Expert communicator at all levels of the organization
- Strong team-working skills, ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact.
- Strong emphasis in analytics and data-mining
Education & Certifications required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA required
- MBA in Accounting/Finance desirable but will look at applicants with equivalent experience.
Location and Travel Requirements
- Nice is primarily looking for someone to work in our offices located in Hoboken NJ or Salt Lake City, UT (hybrid work mode – 2 days per week).
- Infrequent domestic travel may be required – up to 15%.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.