Senior Operations Research Engineer
Senior Operations Research Engineer – Workforce Management
About the company
NICE is a multinational software company with more than 6,000 employees worldwide that provides software solutions that includes the core technologies organizations need to deliver better customer experiences through more effective, engaged employees.
Since 1986, NICE has been the recognized leader in this field, providing solutions which turn both structured and unstructured data into valuable and actionable information. Our success started by capturing interactions and our expertise has evolved into applying analytics on these interactions. Combined with our years of cultivating domain expertise in partnership with our customers, we can help our customers not only understand what’s happening in real time, they can predict what will be.
NICE is regularly recognized for innovation and the value it provides to more than 25,000 customers, including more than 85 of the Fortune 100. When it comes to turning information overload into practical business value, no one else comes close to NICE.
About the product
The product you’ll be working on is a Workforce Management (WFM) solution which is part of the Enterprise NICE Workforce Optimization suite to help the contact center schedule their agents and improve their Customer Services. The solution provides the ability for the organization to forecast the work volume, schedule the shifts of the agents, manage their time off requests and all the lifecycle of their work schedule. It is recognized as the market leader for the last 12 years.
Nice Systems is currently seeking a dynamic individual with high energy and drive to join Work Force Management (WFM) operations research development team as a Senior Operations Research Engineer. This engineer will primarily focus on the algorithms for operations and development of server-side component design, development, testing and implementation.
- Design and develop optimization and data science models to meet business requirements.
- Design and develop algorithms and conduct OR research
- Implement optimization and data science models in a production environment.
- Develop solid unit tests according to organizational standards
- Assist in troubleshooting and maintenance of existing software applications.
- Participate in reviewing design and code for other team members
- Adhere to agile development principles while following and improving all aspects of the SCRUM process
Qualifications and Experience
- Master degree in operations research
- 3+ year experience in linear and mixed integer programming
- 5+ years implementing and developing software systems preferably implementing complex mathematical algorithms including mixed integer programming
- Familiar with commercial solver GUROBI, Concert technology, callable libraries, and parameter tuning
- Proficient in developing in java and writing production code
- Familiar with simulation concept such as event queue.
- Hands on experience with Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Familiar with MicroServices architecture and REST API
- Familiar with AWS Cloud
- Ph.D. degree in operations research
- Column generation in linear and mixed integer programming
- Forecasting techniques such as time series, ARIMA, prophet, and deep learning techniques such as LSTM.
- Experience with large-scale optimization
- Familiarity with work force management optimization
- Python experience a plus
- Familiarity with workforce management enterprise software
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.