At Mattersight Data Scientists serve as subject matter experts on the application of statistics and machine learning in Mattersight products. Data Scientists conduct research, create internal and external software products, and execute and fine-tune existing methodology.
At Mattersight we help our clients make their customer experience organization better. When customers call in our Predictive Behavioral Routing product matches customers with the best representative available.
As a Data Scientist you will be working on machine learning products that identify who the best representative is. Mattersight’s vast store of interaction information, including call transcripts and customer behavior data, provides a fruitful dataset for the data science team. This role provides ample opportunity to flex and improve your optimization, customer segmentation, and NLP skills.
Frankly put, Machine Learning & AI is exploding. That explosion is presenting all kinds of interesting avenues for our business, which is allowing our teams to grow professionally, technically and personally. This is exciting technology in an exciting space & we want YOU to come join us on this adventure. If you want to grow and contribute in ways you didn’t expect, contact us today
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Analyze, report, and present on findings and behavioral trends
• Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
• Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
• Develop product offerings through careful consideration of business value and data analyses
• Explore high-level, undefined ideas and business problems using unstructured, raw data
• Improve internal processes and tools to increase efficiency and spur future product innovation
• Spur future product innovation
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
• 2 or more years of data science work experience
• Degrees with a concentration in a quantitative discipline
• Familiarity with relational databases and SQL-like query languages
• Strong competence with the R programming language
• Advanced knowledge of statistics
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, listening skills, and effective presentation skills
• Ability to impress internal teams and positively influence third-party partners and customers
NICE TO HAVES
• Experience in developing and deploying predictive model pipelines
• Involvement in R package development
• Expertise in PySpark
• Past participation in a formal research setting
• Experience as a part of a software organization
WHO IS NICE-MATTERSIGHT
Have you ever spoken with someone and felt as though you just clicked? The magical feeling you get is the result of a personality connection. NICE-Mattersight creates that feeling every day, in call centers and companies around the world, through a unique suite of enterprise software solutions.
We have analyzed over a billion interactions for leading healthcare, travel and hospitality, financial, insurance, tech, telecom, utilities and other clients, and built more than 10 million (and counting) behavioral algorithms that leverage a world-renowned personality model. The resulting products help employees and customers have smoother, faster, more productive conversations with each other—in short, better chemistry.
We are all different and that is powerful. Variability fuels our business and unites our work. It teaches us that strength lies in differences. To see what matters is our culture, and our culture starts with you.
Your different perspectives inspire us to be better. Your diversity fosters creativity and accelerates our innovation. Your unique skills and abilities make us stand out. Your background and experiences help us reach our full potential.
We are committed to a workplace that is increasingly diverse and inclusive, so be your best you.
What you can expect:
NICE Mattersight values diversity amongst its employees. Employees from all levels of experience and backgrounds are mingled together and are encouraged to learn about projects others are working on. NICE Mattersight’s Chicago office fosters teamwork as well as self-motivation.
Studies have shown that certain groups are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications as described in a job description. Our top priority is finding the best candidate for the job and if you are interested in this position, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the qualifications described
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.