Pre-Sales Engineer - Analytics
NICE - Nexidia
KEY DEPARTMENTAL OBJECTIVES
Pre-Sales is responsible for working on new sales opportunities by presenting/demonstrating the Nexidia products and their value proposition to prospective and existing clients across multiple industries.
Working with the Pre Sales Solutions Architect, the Pre Sales Engineer will assist in the extraction and processing of customer audio and text interactions during the Build phase of a Nexidia Proof of Concept (PoC). A PoC is a free 4-5 week project that demonstrates how the Nexidia Interaction Analytics product suite can be utilized to solve real world business problems by analyzing a client’s audio and/or text interactions. The PoC will focus on 2-3 use cases to prove out a return of investment.
The PoC is divided into 2 phases: Build and Analysis. During the Build phase, the Pre Sales Engineer will make sure the customer’s PoC environment has been configured accordingly. The Pre Sales Engineer will work with the customer to extract and process the interactions within the Nexidia application. Additionally, this role may be asked to create standard PoC queries to be run against the media.
The role is responsible for ensuring that highest quality work products are delivered as part of the PoC’s Build phase including: working with customer and internal team members to obtain the appropriate interactions to support the agreed upon analysis. Additionally, this role is responsible for working with the Business Analytics Manager to make sure the media and its corresponding metadata has been processed appropriately.
Responsibilities also include: working with the Nexidia Account Team to understand the scope and desired deliverables for the PoC, working with the customer to extract and deliver the customer interactions to the PoC environment, working with key stakeholders in other parts of the organization to resolve technical issues, installation of Nexidia PoC tools, and focusing on process and technical improvements to increase the productivity of the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with internal and external customers to extract the necessary voice andor text interactions required for a PoC
- Transform the PoC interactions into a format that can be processed by the Nexidia product suite
- Install various Nexidia utilities required to support the requested PoC analysis
- Create and apply the standard Nexidia PoC queries to the PoC media
- Assist other non-US regions with their PoC Build phase efforts
- As needed, support the delivery of on-site PoCs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- SQL Server (DBA activities, experience with SQL queries, functions, and stored procedures) is required
- Exposure to Windows server (IIS, Windows security, optimization, and troubleshooting
- Understanding of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint)
- Networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VPN)
- Security and encryption fundamentals (SSL/TLS, SSH, PGP)
- Web technologies (XML, XSLT, JSON)
- Articulate complex technical topics clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences in both written and verbal form
Education and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineer preferred
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.