C++ Software Engineer
Nice Nexidia is looking for a detail-oriented senior-level C++ software engineer to continue the evolution of our enterprise scale voice and text analytics frameworks. The Nexidia core technology team, based in Atlanta Ga, works with a broad set of technologies that includes custom speech analytics, text analytics, big data frameworks, and (increasingly) cloud deployments. Our team provides bedrock functionality for most of Nexidia's products at enterprise scale, so be prepared to learn your way around a large, mature codebase. We’re always on the lookout for refactoring opportunities to make the architecture cleaner, simpler, more maintainable, and more scalable. Fresh insights and ideas are welcome!
A qualifying candidate must, at minimum, meet the following requirements:
- 7+ years C++ development experience with in-depth knowledge of all standard libraries (STL), including C++ 11 and later, as well as best practices for native code development
- 3+ years C++ code development for server/enterprise scale (that is, non-embedded system) environments and/or cloud-based deployments. Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of best practices for large scale deployments.
- 3+ years linux development experience using gcc & corresponding debug / development tools
- 2+ years windows development experience using visual studio 2015 or later
- Must provide 2+ examples of projects where they were the code design lead
In addition, the following skills will be a significant plus:
- Experience with any automated speech recognition (ASR) package(s)
- Audio processing (e.g., any open-source media package such as ffmpeg)
- Text processing (e.g., lucene, elastic search, etc.)
- In-depth experience using VMs and docker containers
- CMake and other build automation tools
- java - especially providing java interfaces for native libraries
- C# / .net
- gpu development, including MKL and/or Cublas and supporting nvidia libraries
- Background (e.g., undergraduate degree) in mathematics or other scientific discipline
NICE Systems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.