Senior specialist Architect
Position Title: Architect
Division: Public Safety Line of Business
Location: Pune, India
NICE is comprised of talented, creative and dedicated individuals with a passion for delivering innovative solutions to the market. At NICE, we recognize that every employee’s contributions are integral to our company’s growth and success. To find and acquire the best and brightest talent around the globe, we offer a challenging work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, and rewarding career opportunities. Come share, grow and learn with us – you’ll be challenged, you’ll have fun and you’ll be part of a fast growing, highly respected organization
About the company
At NICE, we protect people’s money, ensure their safety and improve their experiences.
Many of the world’s leading companies and organizations are expected to manage these three critical elements of modern living. To do so, they are tapping into the power of data, which has become ubiquitous in both business and life. These organizations turn to NICE to operationalize this data to improve business performance, increase operational efficiency, prevent financial crime, ensure compliance, and enhance safety and security.
Since 1986, NICE has been the recognized leader in these fields, providing solutions which turn both structured and unstructured data into valuable and actionable information. Our success started by capturing interactions and our expertise has evolved into applying analytics on these interactions. Combined with our years of cultivating domain expertise in partnership with our customers, we can help our customers not only understand what’s happening in real time, but they can also predict what will be.
NICE has over 6,000 employees and a presence in more than 150 countries. Our team is proud of their many achievements. NICE is regularly recognized for innovation and the value it provides to more than 25,000 customers, including more than 85 of the Fortune 100. When it comes to turning information overload into practical business value, no one else comes close to NICE.
A fast-growing business within NICE is the NICE Public Safety Line of Business, which develops state of the art solutions that integrate and put into context information from many sources to help emergency control rooms and investigation departments reconstruct and understand the who, what, when, where and why of an incident. This business also provides industry leading cloud solutions for the Criminal Justice market for the acquisition, management and analysis of digital evidence for over 3,000 public safety customers.
Due to increasing demand for our solutions the Product Team is expanding its ability to deliver and maintain its extensive on premise customer systems.
We are looking for passionate, professional, hands-on software architect to define, shape and evolve the architecture of our Public Safety products.
This architect will be part of a global Public Safety R&D team working with colleagues in our UK headquarters and around the globe.
- Define and shape the architecture for new features in line with NICE Public Safety strategy
- Prepare and present design proposals
- Mentor developers and provide technical and professional leadership
- Assist in requirements shaping and mapping to architecture components
- POC new ideas and technologies by coding prototypes
- Promote Innovation Culture
- Contribute and review high level designs and assist in detailed level designs.
- Present and communicate architecture to internal and external stakeholders
- Code complex parts of the product on occasions, when needed. Perform code reviews to make sure code aligns with design, architecture and standards
- To provide new products and features for our on-premise product ranges.
- BE/BTech degree or higher in computer science or computer engineering/information management systems from well-known university.
- 12+ years of software development experience, at least 5 of them developing in enterprise software
- 3+ years of experience as a software architect
- Experience as software/systems architect with product company
- Ability to consider the broader picture while still diving into details
- A strong grasp of Windows development tools
- A comprehensive familiarity and proven experience in OOD/OOP
- Experience working on resolving scalability / performance issues will be an added advantage
- Experience working in Public Safety or Contact Center domain will be an added advantage
- Substantial capabilities in the domain, analyses information and deduces conclusions within the professional space, seen as a professional by the team and peer community. Has high-attention to details and works well in a dynamic and intense environment.
- Experience with Open Source Software (OSS) technology frameworks, platforms, and tools
- Experience with enterprise security requirements implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to influence others, especially in sensitive or complex situations
- Passion to educate and mentor others in engineering best practices and patterns, team player.
- Experience working with Agile/SCRUM/Agile SAFe software development methodology
- Proven experience in operating within a global environment experience providing guidance and leadership to more junior developers
- Experience with on premise client server systems.
Experience with most of these technologies
- C# / .NET Framework
- WinForms or WPF (not Web Forms)
- SQL Server
- Desktop Client/Server applications
- Windows Services
- WebAPI / RESTful API
- WiX (Windows Installer)
- Automated unit testing (NUnit, MSTest)
- Mocking (Moq, Fakes)
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.