IT Infrastructure System Engineer
Position Title: IT Infrastructure System Engineer
Division: Public Safety Line of Business
Location: Pune, India
NICE is comprised of talented, creative, and dedicated individuals with a passion for delivering innovative solutions to the market. At NICE, we recognize that every employee’s contributions are integral to our company’s growth and success. To find and acquire the best and brightest talent around the globe, we offer a challenging work environment, competitive compensation and benefits, and rewarding career opportunities. Come share, grow, and learn with us – you’ll be challenged, you’ll have fun and you’ll be part of a fast growing, highly respected organization
About the company
At NICE, we protect people’s money, ensure their safety, and improve their experiences.
Many of the world’s leading companies and organizations are expected to manage these three critical elements of modern living. To do so, they are tapping into the power of data, which has become ubiquitous in both business and life. These organizations turn to NICE to operationalize this data to improve business performance, increase operational efficiency, prevent financial crime, ensure compliance, and enhance safety and security.
Since 1986, NICE has been the recognized leader in these fields, providing solutions which turn both structured and unstructured data into valuable and actionable information. Our success started by capturing interactions and our expertise has evolved into applying analytics on these interactions. Combined with our years of cultivating domain expertise in partnership with our customers, we can help our customers not only understand what’s happening in real time, but they can also predict what will be.
NICE has over 6,000 employees and a presence in more than 150 countries. Our team is proud of their many achievements. NICE is regularly recognized for innovation and the value it provides to more than 25,000 customers, including more than 85 of the Fortune 100. When it comes to turning information overload into practical business value, no one else comes close to NICE.
A fast-growing business within NICE is the NICE Public Safety Line of Business, which develops state of the art solutions that integrate and put into context information from many sources to help emergency control rooms and investigation departments reconstruct and understand the who, what, when, where and why of an incident. This business also provides industry leading cloud solutions for the Criminal Justice market for the acquisition, management, and analysis of digital evidence for over 3,000 public safety customers.
Due to increasing demand for our solutions the Product Team is expanding its ability to deliver and maintain customer systems.
We are looking for an IT Infrastructure System Engineer to join our dynamic and growing Public Safety R&D engineering team in Pune. The role is integrated into the team of architects, developers, and testers and provides R&D IT system infrastructure support as well as working on customer solutions that comprise multiple NICE and third-party products.
The development team operates a physical development and test lab in the UK and a growing Microsoft Azure based cloud lab. This lab consists mostly of Windows servers and associated networking. The labs are used by all Public Safety development teams.
This role will also be responsible for day-to-day management of user account access to IT systems and services provided by corporate IT teams. This includes raising and progressing support tickets through internal systems to aid resolving issues on behalf of R&D team members.
This role is not responsible for general IT support outside of the development environment.
The development teams also provide turnkey software and hardware solutions to a selection of major clients. This includes configuration and deployment of complete solutions including Windows servers and supporting infrastructure for subsequent handover to operations teams. This role will be part of the success of these projects by contributing IT systems skills to the design, scripting and automation of configuration and deployment.
- Maintaining on-premise development lab, including servers, network switches, security software patching, cost reporting and planning.
- Maintaining Azure cloud-based lab systems, including cost reporting and planning.
- Managing user account access to systems and services provided by corporate IT, including raising and progressing support tickets via internal systems to aid resolving issues on behalf of R&D team members.
- Contribute with the planning and migration of the on-premise lab to the cloud.
- Improving efficiency in maintenance and system deployment for all lab environments through automation.
- Contribute to planning and execution of migration projects for existing R&D development tools to latest versions. This will often be migration to cloud-based solutions.
- Contribute IT skills to development teams who are delivering turnkey projects to customers. Deliver solution documentation and designs for turnkey projects.
- Experience in installing, configuring and use of Microsoft Windows Server operating systems.
- Experience of installing and maintaining PC server hardware and networking equipment.
- Knowledge in basic networking (Understanding of network protocols, OSI network layers, TCP/IP, LAN/WAN/VPN).
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory and Domains.
- Knowledge in the creation of automated processes using any scripting languages (VBS, PowerShell, Wise Scripting, Jscript) or automation tools.
- Experience working with Azure cloud and VMware virtualized environments.
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as collaboratively as a fully participating member of the team.
- Enthusiasm for learning. Desire to seek out new skills and self-learn.
- Ability to communicate clearly in both spoken and written English.
- Ability to work with local and remote team members.
- Ability to support occasional out of hours working.
- Experience with Active Directory, IDM, DNS, Exchange, Group policy, WSUS.
- Experience with system security products (e.g., antivirus, intrusion detection systems).
- Experience working with other Virtualized environments (Hyper-V, AWS cloud).
- Experience with cost reporting and planning.
- Knowledge and understanding of Storage Systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in project management, integration of Microsoft technologies and services.
- Experience in migrating an on-premise system to cloud-based solution.
- Create technical documentation and procedures, handover knowledge/processes.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.