Technical Solutions Lead
Context and purpose:
We provide state of the art cloud solutions for the Public Safety market for the acquisition, management and analysis of digital evidence to global market. These solutions can be tailored to fit with customer’s existing MIS systems.
Due to increasing demand for more larger and more complex solutions the global Product Team is expanding its ability to support our regional sales teams in dealing with larger projects.
A successful candidate will have the opportunity to become a key player in rapidly growing business area.
We are looking for a talented Systems Engineer to join our technology team. This role is responsible for:
- Provision of technical support to regional sales teams for specific prospects.
- Preparation of technical responses to RFI, RFP
- Participation in customer meetings and demonstrations
- Management of Proof of Concept solution delivery, working with Product teams
- Preparation of quotes and order processing
- Working with customer technical teams to develop finalise detailed design
- Manage the conversion of the Proof of Concept into a live system.
- Setup initial customer training for go live.
- Managing a smooth handover to operations teams
- Contribute to project completion ‘lessons learned’ reviews
- Working with Product teams to assist in creation and delivery of technical sales training
- Be comfortable working as part of a distributed team
- Work with minimal guidance once trained
- Be comfortable communicating with customers at all levels
- Have excellent written and verbal communications in English
- Be an excellent problem solver and work under pressure
- Be able to travel with a few days’ notice.
Knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field preferred
Must have experience of
- analysis of customer requirements into product requirements
- writing Technical Proposals
- designing complex systems
- project management (installation)
- working successfully with clients and business partners directly
- system engineering and/or IT support for 6 years or more
NOTE – Successful candidates will need to be security checked to UK police level NPPV3. This requires that candidates have been resident in the UK for the previous 3 years.
Should have knowledge of some of the following
- telecommunications systems in public safety (radio, telephone)
- law enforcement information systems
- telecommunications in public transportation (rail, air)
- the principles of information systems security
- use of SQL database systems
- web, cloud applications
- network design
- installation and maintenance of Microsoft-based operating systems and Azure
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.