Manager First Line Support
In this role you will:
- Lead and coach the Technical staff across various skill sets and NICE - CLS solutions
- Provide 1st level of escalation management for customers’ satisfaction issues.
- Provide account management support for internal sales and services teams.
- Provide continuous improvement solutions that have potential to impact the customer experience, employee satisfaction and operational effectiveness.
- Help create/maintain department, operational and strategic plans.
- Accountable for CSAT and ESAT
Role & Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, and directs the activities of a team of technical/First Line support engineers for 24x7 operations.
- Supervises the work of the team by facilitating and tracking case status; identifying problems and issues; allocating appropriate resources; and ensuring KPIs and SLA’s are met on schedule and at the highest levels of quality.
- Selects, trains, motivates and evaluates personnel; establishes and monitors employee objectives; prepare and present employee performance reviews; provides or coordinates staff training and education; works with employees to correct deficiencies and fully develop strengths; coaches, mentors and implements progressive coaching as necessary.
- Conduct gap analysis and needs assessments from a technical and customer perspective.
- Acquire & coordinate resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer situation.
- Represent NICE - CLS professionally in customer facing engagements both internally and externally.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to increase the breadth and depth of knowledge in relation to the business, process and operational needs.
- Advises/educates customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions.
- Maintain ongoing strong working knowledge of NICE - CLS products.
- Exercise solid judgment in determining which issues should be escalated to Senior Management.
- Identify and report systemic issues causing complaints & escalations, work with business owners to implement changes that promote and increase positive Customer experiences.
- Sets Customer expectations and customer deliverables.
- BE degree in relevant field- (CS, IT, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree preferred).
Technical skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing technical support groups and First Line Support groups (Preferred 3-5 years progressive technical support management experience)
- Ability to support 24x7 operations
- Technical Skills
- Experienced working with Databases, writing SQL queries for data validation.
- Good SQL Skills and experience in development against Oracle, SQL Server
- Knowledge / Experience with Application Servers and Servlet Containers like WebSphere, Tomcat, Weblogic
- Experienced with defect management and tracking tools
- Experience in support best practices such as ITIL, KCS, Skills based routing and performance management
- Experience in Global companies working with customers from around the world
- Strong communication skills including e-mail, phone and written documentation etiquette
- Experience in managing critical customer situations
- Proven successful cross group collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify problems analytically, determine root cause, collect data from various sources and present an acceptable solution/response which meets all NICE and the Customer needs.
- Proven problem-solving abilities, particularly when confronted with time-sensitive and ambiguous issues that require collaborative evaluation & resolution
- Consistently demonstrates the aptitude to investigate an issue, quickly ascertain the requested solution and engage the most appropriate resource or resources to drive the customer’s request to a timely resolution
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task between several projects and manage minute details
- Project coordination, resource planning, and allocation experience preferred
Manages client relationships and individual engagements with a strong focus on excellence; high level of accountability at the individual level; service and support that exceeds client needs
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.