Professional Services Engineer
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Installation and integration of NICE software solutions at customer's site, while following defined methodology, processes, system requirements and customer specific needs.
- Work directly with the project manager to assist with any technical questions regarding the solution from the kick-off of the project until turnover of the delivered solution to our support center.
- Ensure that all components of the technical architecture are properly integrated and implemented.
- Ability to remotely implement Nice solutions efficiently with quality and care
- Provide technical support and technical quality control throughout all stages of the project.
- Assist customers and their vendors with configuration requirements for all Nice Integration points in their environment.
- Provide technical expertise of the entire Nice product suite, implementation methodology and/or related technology.
- Provide advanced expertise in Nice NIM/Engage, WFM and EEM solutions
- Conduct systems testing for performance and reliability.
- Report issues found during implementation and engage support teams for assistance as well as escalate to higher tiers and management as appropriate.
- Communication with R&D about customer technical feedback on implementation of product related enhancements and fixes.
- Document and communicate issue resolution and lessons learned.
- Document and add Symptoms and Resolutions to the Nice Knowledge Base.
- Assist client's Administrators with questions and problems associated with the configuration, administration, and management of users in the NICE system.
- Provide basic application training and support the client's Engineers on the NICE applications as required.
- Document and maintain NICE system specifications (Site Documentation) across all sites.
- Assist with NICE projects, installations, and change management as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the client's environment and infrastructure.
- Perform NICE system maintenance across all sites as required.
- The PSE is expected to manage the customer relationship and expectations, communicate effectively, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- The PSE must maintain technical ownership of the project from start to finish.
- Effectively manage time and maintain regular communication and updates to both customer and management.
- Participate in training classes, or special projects as needed.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree preferred.
- NIM, Engage, IEX, NICE WFM Product Certifications preferred or experience with competitive solutions
- CCNA and MCSE certifications are a plus.
- HP, Dell, VMWare and Citrix certifications are a plus.
Technical Skills: Must have a minimum of 0-2 years of proven experience with 3 of the 5 following technical areas.
NICE NIM/Engage Recording, WFM or Competitive Workforce Management Experience (Preferred)
- Experience with the Installation and Integration of Nice Recording or WFM solutions into Customer Environments
- Experience with Advanced Solutions – Recording/Telephony Integrations, Forecasting/Scheduling, LDAP, SSO, ACD, DB migrations, Smart Sync, Disaster Recovery or HA solutions.
- Microsoft Windows Server Installation and Configuration – IIS
- RedHat Server Installation and Configuration - Apache
- Microsoft Security – Active Directory, Security Policies, Hardening, Encryption
- Server Hardware – HP, Dell, IBM
- Virtual Servers - VMWare – ESX, VSX Clusters, VMotion
- Citrix Servers – Configuration and Optimization
- Microsoft SQL Server Installation and Configuration
- Oracle Installation / Configuration
- Maintenance – Backups and Recovery, Security
- Scripting – Basic Query and Update knowledge
- Network Principles – 7 Layer OSI Model, TCP, UDP
- Network Devices – NICs, Switches, Routers, MPLS
- Troubleshooting – Sniffers and various other Network Testing and Analysis tools
- Telephony Experience - PBX, Switch and ACD Vendors - Avaya, Nortel, Aspect, Siemens and Cisco
- VoIP Experience – Avaya, Cisco, Nortel
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.