Nexidia is looking for a creative, hands-on architect to help evolve our framework for real-time voice and text analytics. The product is a high performance, high scale distributed system for processing real-time audio streams. Deep experience with Java is a must. Some experience in VOIP telephony would help you ramp up quickly, but it's more important that we find someone who shares our passion for rigorous engineering and continuous product improvement.
* 10 years professional server-side Java development
* 5 years serving in technical leadership roles
* Windows and linux development experience
* Must be US citizen or permanent resident
* Design, document, and communicate architectures for traditional software systems, to meet complex product requirements and work closely with the Cloud architects to ensure compatibility for cloud.
* Consult with team members on their designs and participate in detailed code reviews.
* Review and provide feedback on interfaces proposed by external teams and consumers.
* Research and recommend tools and technologies to improve the product and the development process
* Represent team in design reviews with stakeholders
* Define, document, and enforce team-wide architectural standards
* Contribute to implementation of designs
* Help diagnose support incidents escalated from production environments, sometimes during off hours
* Suggest development process improvements
* Understand Business requirements, team priorities and project structures and prioritize work appropriately.
* VOIP and real-time protocols like SIP and RTP
* AmazonMQ, RabbitMQ, Spring, Gradle
* Call center industry
* Strong understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.