Senior Cloud Platform Product Manager
Cloud Platform Product Manager
Location: Hedge End, Hampshire
Number of Hours: 37.5
About the company
NICE is an innovative, fast-paced Enterprise Software company with inspiring leaders who share an unwavering passion to push the boundaries of our software solutions whilst committing to delivering the highest levels of satisfaction for our customers.
With our embedded culture of collaboration, we create extraordinary experiences through teamwork and tenacity. We do this by fostering a cohesive atmosphere for our people to work in partnership cross-functionally and encourage initiative, spirit and adaptability in the face of change.
NICE works with some of the most exciting brands in the world. We welcome fresh ideas and pledge to champion our people to achieve amazing results that genuinely make a difference, and which are always rewarded.
With the support of our teams, you will gain an insight on what it takes to be successful from day one and be inspired to make an impact. You will feel valued and just like our 7,000 NICErs globally, will play an instrumental part in NICE achieving our ambitious goals.
Working in a friendly, inclusive environment based on respect and recognition, you’ll be encouraged to aim high and deliver your best work here. Mastering your professional craft, creating your own adventure and bringing your positive, can-do attitude to the table is a winning recipe for success with us.
A fast-growing business within NICE is the NICE Public Safety Line of Business, which develops state of the art solutions that integrate and put into context information from many sources to help emergency control rooms and investigation departments reconstruct and understand the who, what, when, where and why of an incident. This business also provides industry leading cloud solutions for the Criminal Justice market for the acquisition, management and analysis of digital evidence for over 3,000 public safety customers.
Due to increasing demand for our solutions the Product Team is expanding its ability to deliver and maintain customer systems.
We are looking for a strong and experienced Product Manager to lead the Development of our Public Safety Cloud Platform. This cloud platform will enable NICE to be the default global provider of evidence capture and management from initial incident through to the justice system through delivering new capabilities.
The Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the Product Lifecycle, including gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Owning the vision and architectural roadmap of the cloud platform and infrastructure domain
- Ensuring your product direction takes into account the concerns of security, scalability, compatibility and maintainability and operational costs.
- Align product requirements with the overall solution/product strategy associated with assigned solutions portfolio.
- Specify market requirements for current and future product features by conducting market research supported by on-going engagements with customers and non-customers.
- Be a subject matter expert with respect to the assigned feature sets.
- The ability to articulate and define complex technical use cases to internal and external developer teams and stake holders
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver the required framework feature to support our customer DevOps teams
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Represent the company by engaging with customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job-Related Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of product management/marketing experience or in related Public Safety or Customer Experience, industry leading cloud solutions and with significant communication with customers, engineering, support, and marketing
- Strong understanding of Web Technologies or Cloud platform architecture and deployment dependencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English including vocabulary, spelling, composition, and grammar.
- Ability to read and understanding technical information well enough to convey in original written communications to multiple audiences, including Engineering.
- Ability to personally interact with technical resources and listen carefully, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions where appropriate.
- Strong understanding of the devOps cycle and tools used
- Acumen to learn fast with the ability to educate her/himself on relevant technologies
- Understanding of business process, and project costs pertaining to licensing and 3rd party product maintenance
- Ability to personally interact with customers, prospects, sales, executive management, and technical engineering resources, adjusting communications to the situation and successfully understanding and communicating product capabilities and priorities to each audience.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, work with a heightened sense of urgency and drive a broad team to strategic conclusions.
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate non-technical feature descriptions into structured use cases, requirements, and specifications for technical audiences.
- Experience in writing Technical Systems / Solutions Documentation
- Understanding of the principles of network security, authentication and authorization
- Experience of cloud-hosted systems
- Experience of operations cost estimation and management
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.